Peanut Allergy Warning?

cramlow82

Do any of you put a peanut allergy warning on your machines containing PMM?

What about if you have a double with gumballs next to PMM.... should you put a warning that "this product is close to a product containing peanuts"?

Just wondering if I should do this to protect myself from any problems?

I've been curious about this myself. My initial thought was "yes, put a warning up" BUT then I decided not to. Firstly, it may show that you knew there could be an issue which actually MAY make you more liable in today's society. Second, I have never seen a warning at any of my local stores in their bulk goods section. I would think that if it was necessary then a large multi-million dollar company would have done so with their team of lawyers.

Just my 2 cents. Curious to see others thoughts!

I don't see how it would show that there could be an issue and you would be MORE liable.  I just think about someone touching one machine with PMM and then touching a gumball machine right next to it. 

Hopefully those people would be smart enough to not buy those.... but if you have a kid that doesn't think about it... they just see GUMBALLS and they put that quarter in. 

I just think that a warning sticker would show that you at least TRIED to provied information about any possible risks. (kind of like the choking hazard warnings)

I put peanut warnings on all of my Reeses Pieces and choking hazard on all of my toys.

I do not put warnings on my PMM and dry roasted peanuts in the few places I have them because the word "PEANUT" is in the name of the product (which is on the label and I properly label all of my products).

If you eat a peanut M&M because I didn't put a peanut warning label on it I'm okay with being sued. I'll live with the fact that I did my part to thin the herd.

I wouldn't say i had an issue but a little girl did get some MMP form a machine while grandma was doing a check cashing thing.

she had her epipen so all was good.

no one tried to hold me responsible but it freaked the manager enough to say nothing peanut in the machine.

sales actually increased after I put in a new machine and added GB

I'm very cautious with my machines (especially if bought used) so I had stickers made up in both english and spanish warning about possible food allergies. It cost me about 6 bucks including shipping. And for me it was worth it for peace of mind. Do I know if it will protect me legally? No Do any of my local vendors do it? No Is it overkill? Absolutely Does it make me feel good? Yes

I don't see how it would show that there could be an issue and you would be MORE liable.  I just think about someone touching one machine with PMM and then touching a gumball machine right next to it. 

Hopefully those people would be smart enough to not buy those.... but if you have a kid that doesn't think about it... they just see GUMBALLS and they put that quarter in. 

I just think that a warning sticker would show that you at least TRIED to provied information about any possible risks. (kind of like the choking hazard warnings)

I think it's sort of like putting up a "Beware of Dog" sign. Now when your dog bites someone the lawyers say "You had a sign up so you must have KNOWN that you dog might bite someone". Do I find it absolutely ridiculous? Yes! Of course my dog MIGHT bite someone, he never has but....he's a dog. If someone is allergic to peanuts and they insist on eating a peanut M&M then I can't help them. In the end lawyers will sue regardless....what we'd really need is tort reform but that's a whole other topic!

Do any of you put a peanut allergy warning on your machines containing PMM?

What about if you have a double with gumballs next to PMM.... should you put a warning that "this product is close to a product containing peanuts"?

Just wondering if I should do this to protect myself from any problems?

You better it only takes one soccer mom to make your life a living hell.

Archived