Opinions on Value of existing route

vending4528

How do you put a value on an existing bulk/amusement vending route?  A multiple of annual sales, a multiple of annual profit, or other means?  This is an established bulk vending/amusement route that has been around for over 15+ years with over 140 locations and over 500+ heads/machines.

Thanks 

^ I've sold several in college for 12 to 18 months gross. Seemed fair... I don't use shotty equipment nor do I mess with a lot of the singles and doubles. I currently wouldnt sale my route for 12 months gross for a number of reasons, but mainly because I'm extremely happy with my income.

^ I've sold several in college for 12 to 18 months gross. Seemed fair... I don't use shotty equipment nor do I mess with a lot of the singles and doubles. I currently wouldnt sale my route for 12 months gross for a number of reasons, but mainly because I'm extremely happy with my income.

Not antagonizing, just curious LandJ...

You state you have "sold several" routes at 12-18mos gross.

Have you bought many at that price?

Sometimes the price we'd sell something for is a lot more than what we'd be willing to pay when buying.

Not antagonizing, just curious LandJ...

You state you have "sold several" routes at 12-18mos gross.

Have you bought many at that price?

Sometimes the price we'd sell something for is a lot more than what we'd be willing to pay when buying.

Very true. No, I have never bought a route. Sold one in Athens, Ga and another in North Atlanta. I don't think I'm unrealistic but maybe I am?? Lol.

You can ask route value questions all day and never get the same answer twice. The reason is that most vending operators have no clue how to value a business. There is much more than ROI to consider. Not trying to upset any one but most guys just don't know. Keep emotion out of business deals.

You can ask route value questions all day and never get the same answer twice. The reason is that most vending operators have no clue how to value a business. There is much more than ROI to consider. Not trying to upset any one but most guys just don't know. Keep emotion out of business deals.

Agreed and a lot of people want a "turn key" type business. Which they will pay a premium to buy.

Archived