Locater Service called me today

Pie in the Sky

Today I got a phone call from a company called easy123 location services. They wanted to locate my machines for $50.00 each plus 10% Gross Revenue of each machine they place. They said they got my number from one of my already placed machines. I inquired about their success rate and claim to have placed over 2000 machines this year with a 92% retention rate (Their term not mine).

I've turned them down because I self locate my own machines, but it got me thinking about it and now I have a few questions.

Is the fee they asked for fair compared to the other locator services?

Is the 10% an industry standard or is something unheard of? 

How successful have you been with locators, are they worth it or better to stick with self locating?

$50 per location is pretty high.  I'm happy with LRU at $25 each.  If you push them, they will find you good locations.  I would NEVER pay a percent of sales fee to a locator!  I've never heard of that request, but I would never agree to it even if it was what all of the locators were doing.

Hell no!!!!!  $50 is a very fair price for in-person bulk locating, but what concerns me is that 10%.  How do they know what you're paying them is 10% and what happens if they get it in their head that you're not?  I can see a positive in it, it would certainly motivate them to get after high quality locations so I like that aspect of it.  But 10% indefinitely is too much for their role (which ends immediately after the machine is placed).  I'd counter with paying them $50 + 100% of the month one gross.  After that though, time for us to part ways.

If I'm paying you a cut every month you best grab that 2 wheel cart and get your golpher in the truck.

They got your number off one of your machines ? Are you in a small town or a city ? If a city, where abouts ? Just curious as they said they have located 2000 machine hard to believe they're doing that good but still need more work ?

They got your number off one of your machines ? Are you in a small town or a city ? If a city, where abouts ? Just curious as they said they have located 2000 machine hard to believe they're doing that good but still need more work ?

I'm Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada, Population 750000

Archived