Is this forum still operational? why does no one respond to threads?

jerrybrecko

It's very much operational, I've never had an issue with members not responding. Is there a specific question you have that hasn't been answered? 9 times out of 10 if no one responds then it probably means it's been covered before and not just once. Try the search or for better results head on over to Google type your search query but on the back end add "site:vendiscuss.net" I get better results that way.

Is this forum still operational? why does no one respond to threads?

As already stated -- a lack of replies usually means the question posted has been asked and answered multiple times throughout the site.

This forum is the most active vending forum you are likely to find.

Thus, members expect questioners to do some leg-work BEFORE posting questions.

Asking questions like "Should I do Charity or Commission?" or "What locations are best for my machines?" or "Which machines are best?" will get few replies because the questioner need only do some research/reading to find the answers already posted on this forum.

Not saying you are asking these types of questions.

But, generally speaking, some people come onto this forum and expect to get spoon-fed the info they need in order to get started or re-started in vending.

Again...this may not apply to you and your posts.

I'm just speaking generally about why sometimes posters get no replies to their questions.

If you have questions that you have already researched on this site and found no answer to, then please post them and surely someone will be kind enough to answer.

There aren't many honor box guys here ( maybe not any) so first hand information is going to be hard to come by.

1. Go to Sams/Costco and buy stuff you think you can make some money on like maybe DumDums or Tootsie Pops.

2. Place the honor boxes any place someone says yes.

What is the best candy to put in bulk candy charity honor boxes?
With a average of over 3500 posts a month, we are quite operational. There are not many honor box operators here, and some of those only come around every couple of months. Yoi might get a better response posting honor box questions in the honor box section.
What employee count should I target for honor boxes?ive done a search for those questions and the only results i get are my unanswered threads :(

Think of it this way, I'm relatively new here and went through the whole thought process of thinking do I want to do full line, bulk, honor boxes, or any combination. After reading through all the past topics in the honor box side of the house I realized one thing, theft will bring you to your knees. Sure theft happens with bulk and sometimes with full line but why on earth would you purchase all the supplies lay it out and then just have people steal from you? No one here is trying to be mean but just trying to save you from the inevitable post with the heading of "Losing all my money in honor boxes what should I do" to which no one will respond because if you can't see what's going on then this business may not be for you.  

If you want to start in the business stay away from honor boxes and do some bulk with toy's and gumballs. You can do what you want but understand you will more than likely lose a ton of money if you put all the honor boxes out and when you come to collect all your product is gone and you have $1.75 in the change box.

I don't have any questions about honesty in honor boxes. From what I have read here and experienced over the past month of doing it the theft isno where near what your describing. In fact our theft rate is much lower than what I have read here, possibly because we use charity stickers and who wants to steal from children with cancer.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I would expect bulk candy honor boxes in retail have much more theft but your selling candy for 25 cents that you bought for2 cents so if they stole 60 percent your still making good money as long as there are a lot of buyers it doesn't matter how many stealers

No they haven't

Yes they have, no one has good answers to the questions you are asking. You researched previous topics and came up empty. No one is ignoring you they just dont have the answers.

Think of it this way, I'm relatively new here and went through the whole thought process of thinking do I want to do full line, bulk, honor boxes, or any combination. After reading through all the past topics in the honor box side of the house I realized one thing, theft will bring you to your knees. Sure theft happens with bulk and sometimes with full line but why on earth would you purchase all the supplies lay it out and then just have people steal from you? No one here is trying to be mean but just trying to save you from the inevitable post with the heading of "Losing all my money in honor boxes what should I do" to which no one will respond because if you can't see what's going on then this business may not be for you.  

If you want to start in the business stay away from honor boxes and do some bulk with toy's and gumballs. You can do what you want but understand you will more than likely lose a ton of money if you put all the honor boxes out and when you come to collect all your product is gone and you have $1.75 in the change box.

Casey I disagree with you on the point of going broke. I have been doing mint honor boxes for well over a year now and have made many thousands of dollars doing this and I have not gone broke. Matter of fact I plan on doubling my route to 500 locations over the next few months making me even more money. The key is the type of location and where in that location you place that honor box as well as what part of town the box is located. Also this business is a work in progress just like any other vending business. Replacement of equipment is necessary when expectations are not met.

Let me help clarify. For me at least it comes down to risk vs. reward. I don't see any additional reward for having an honor box vs. bulk as the end result is profiting off of some item. I do however see greater risk in terms of total theft. I'm not doubting you made thousands of dollars, but I would still suspect a higher theft percentage versus other vending alternatives and to own a business with the same reward, higher risk of theft, and lower profit potential then to me it doesn't make sense.

Do what you love and rock it out. It's all quarters in the end. Hello new tag line.

I don't see any additional reward for having an honor box vs. bulk as the end result is profiting off of some item. 

If you dont have a quarter you cant use a bulk machine but you can use any type of currency in a honor box. The cost of honor boxes will allow them to be paid off quicker.   They are much small so a little easier to make the sale and get the location.

The key is the type of location and where in that location you place that honor box as well as what part of town the box is located. 

Treadmill what have you experienced being the best locations?  Based off your route and best locations what would you recommend to target first?

Every location may be the best, but you just don't know until you try it. Hair salons, car repair places and the like work well. Also restaurants work good. Also keep in mind what type of areas you put them in. Some areas do better than others.

Archived