cheap items to put in 1" or 2" caps for junk mix

Tbuford

I've been thinking of putting sea shells in caps. I just ordered 11 gallons (for less that $60 plus shipping). In sizes from 1/4" to 3". I plan to put them on top of the gravel in claw prize cranes like, Ronnie has done before. I plan to put some in caps also. The website I got them from said there were "thousands" of shells in a gallon of 1/4" shells. Sounds like a cheap product cost to me for capping.

What about a straight shell mix in 1" or 2" caps? Would it do good?

What about polished rocks?

hhhmmmmmmmmmmmm

I've seen Mystic Gemstones in capsules before.  I'm sure they are just polished rocks.  With the right display it should be fine.  Not sure about the sea shells.

On a side note, I have seen Coins of the World as well.  Vendomatic runs them around me and just puts all the foreign coins they collect in 2" capsules.  They use what looks like a handmade display.

Maybe people are just listening to momma.

After all, she did say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

I have no experience selling shells.

So, I have nothing but my gut to go by.

And my gut tells me shells in caps would not sell.

I've seen Mystic Gemstones in capsules before. I'm sure they are just polished rocks. With the right display it should be fine. Not sure about the sea shells.

On a side note, I have seen Coins of the World as well. Vendomatic runs them around me and just puts all the foreign coins they collect in 2" capsules. They use what looks like a handmade display.

SSM does the stones that was the first product they did. We have run them and they do ok. There is a guy from OH that does coins and has hundreds of truck stops. Last time I called him he was saying it's getting too hard to make money with the silver prices going up.

Archived