Drop off machine and location changes commission, do you walk out?

lasvegasvender

I don't have the experience that most have on the forum but I think, play his game and give him 50% on profit.   Sales - COG - COT your time $100 per hr, - expenses.  This will make your actual commission about 25-30%   Anyone giving 50% comm. are doing this in some form. If they are giving 50% comm. of course you can never really know,  take down their number and call in 6 months, you will  buy some equipment 1/2 price.

I don't have the experience that most have on the forum but I think, play his game and give him 50% on profit.   Sales - COG - COT your time $100 per hr, - expenses.  This will make your actual commission about 25-30%   Anyone giving 50% comm. are doing this in some form. If they are giving 50% comm. of course you can never really know,  take down their number and call in 6 months, you will  buy some equipment 1/2 price.

I filled a contract at a new location, and dropped the machine off a few hours later, and the location ups to a fifty split and wants a different contract. I was so mad,

I have a lawyer friend and he would aroused to take this case.  We could take it to the supreme court and have a judgement issued in our favor.  My friend the lawyer said he wants to take your case.  My friend the Lawyer said it will be a slam dunk.

Really as the ethical operator I am I would have been PISSED, but would have begrudgingly accepted his 50% demand and then when I counted the money every time I would figure what amount he would get if I paid him 30% comm and reduce the gross collected amount to show he was getting 50% comm, but he would actually be getting only 30%.  On second thought I would probably tell him I'd give him the 50%, but actually give him about 20%.

I have a lawyer friend and he would aroused to take this case. We could take it to the supreme court and have a judgement issued in our favor. My friend the lawyer said he wants to take your case. My friend the Lawyer said it will be a slam dunk.

Really as the ethical operator I am I would have been PISSED, but would have begrudgingly accepted his 50% demand and then when I counted the money every time I would figure what amount he would get if I paid him 30% comm and reduce the gross collected amount to show he was getting 50% comm, but he would actually be getting only 30%. On second thought I would probably tell him I'd give him the 50%, but actually give him about 20%.

My lawyer friend read your entire post and said your a great operator. He also said that your should go slam some charity spots and be sure to bring all the documents so you can boot the other guy. Lol

Frankly, the contract is worth little in this situation even if you have the proper wording to "protect your interests" against what this owner is doing.

Realistically, would you really want to use a contract to force a location to keep your machines in their place of business?

An owner need only a little imagination to make your keeping the equipment in his/her business a bad idea.

Move on and and waste no more time with this owner.

I filled a contract at a new location, and dropped the machine off a few hours later, and the location ups to a fifty split and wants a different contract. I was so mad,

Forget all the contract talk. This is all you need to know. 

Call him back and explain that he is getting 50% and to settle down. When you show up to service count the money and give him 25% percent "GROSS". When he starts to complain explain to that you are both splitting the profits 50/50. Understand that 50% of "NET" commission is 25% percent "GROSS" period. You "get" 50% of net and he gets 50% percent net. Its 50/50 "Net" are you with me? If you need more feel free to PM i send you my cell number.

DONT PULL YOUR MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explain to him that him that 50% Net is the limit and that you have been doing this long enough to know that 50% NET is 25% of GROSS and nobody gets a dime more or you have to find another spot for the machine. 

My lawyer friend read your entire post and said your a great operator. He also said that your should go slam some charity spots and be sure to bring all the documents so you can boot the other guy. Lol

bahahahahah.....I second the motion. 

Archived