coin mech

temp04

Just curious if it is possible to set up a beverage machine to change with dimes and nickles first instead of quarters.  I have a beverage machine at an apartment.  the customers are using the beverage machine as a change machine for quarters for their laundry.  Please let me know.  thank you

There is no way to direct the coin mech to pay anything less than the highest denomination of coin first.  That said, customers using a machine as a bill changer is a common problem in apartment complexes and laundromats.  Is this a single price or multi-price machine?  If multi-price, there will be an excrow setting in the programming to deal with this or, even better, a force vend feature you can enable.  A single price machine is in a force vend situation as soon as the vend price is met by setting the vend relay, unless a bill validator is used.  The validator can cause the coin mech to escrow the dollar credit (hold it without setting a credit) and this allows someone to press the coin return to get the 4 quarters back. 

What model machine is this?  Single or multi-price?  What coin mech and validator models are in the machine?  If you have a Mars 6800H you can turn on switch 5 to enable the escrow setting, and turn switch 6 off to select "escrow to vend" and see if it will affect the dollar bill credits, too.  If you have a Maka validator, I believe this escrow issue was a common problem with them, so you would want to upgrade the validator.

Archived