Gym vending products?

Hey guys. What do u suggest for both a machine and product ideas for a 150-200 person gym? I am kind of lost as to what to offer lol. Do gyms do well? Maybe gatorade/snack combo machine since it's pretty small??

If you think it's too small then why do it?  Combo machines are only good for very large accounts as a satellite machine in the management office - if the account does any kind of volume a combo machine won't handle it unless you plan on servicing it three times a week.  Gyms are not considered lucrative accounts but I'm sure there are exceptions.

It's best to keep a lean profile by not loading yourself up with marginal accounts just to place some machines.

I agree with you. This gym is right next door to my other account which does $1,000 a month. I guess I just have to try and find a cheap machine if I decide to do it at all. 

Well, as long as you're not makng a special stop to service it a combo would be okay - good luck finding a decent cheap combo machine,  the APs and Nationals will both be well north of a grand which is a lot for a marginal account.

put a drink machine there, otherwise skip it

vending is for lazy people who make bad money decisions (no offense) 

gym types arent really the types for vending, the only exception is things like

diet drinks, sport drinks, diet sports drinks, energy drinks , bottle water, otherwise u are gonna be

requested to put protien drinks and health food crap that wont sell

if its next door i would consider putting a drink machine there because i usually have an extra one or two

kicking around the ware house and load it up with gatorade, energy drink and waters. otherwise forget it. 

i will take marginal accts on 1 month service cycles, i do all my laundromats on 1 month cycles 

it is great, frankly . i use big capacity machines and long dated product. its not something that

works with picky customers, it only works in a place where the owner isnt around to hear 

complaints or only cares about $

put a drink machine there, otherwise skip it

vending is for lazy people who make bad money decisions (no offense) 

gym types arent really the types for vending, the only exception is things like

diet drinks, sport drinks, diet sports drinks, energy drinks , bottle water, otherwise u are gonna be

requested to put protien drinks and health food crap that wont sell

if its next door i would consider putting a drink machine there because i usually have an extra one or two

kicking around the ware house and load it up with gatorade, energy drink and waters. otherwise forget it. 

i will take marginal accts on 1 month service cycles, i do all my laundromats on 1 month cycles 

it is great, frankly . i use big capacity machines and long dated product. its not something that

works with picky customers, it only works in a place where the owner isnt around to hear 

complaints or only cares about $

Yeah. I was thinking of putting in the classic DN501E. Probably just do some vitamin water, gatorade, and energy drink, and some bottled water. 1 month service interval is perfect. I will ask the owner what he thinks. He wants a commission, but I don't think that is gonna fly if the revenues come in weak. In a gym with 150-200 members, open 24-7, what kind of sales do you think I could get? 

Yeah. I was thinking of putting in the classic DN501E. Probably just do some vitamin water, gatorade, and energy drink, and some bottled water. 1 month service interval is perfect. I will ask the owner what he thinks. He wants a commission, but I don't think that is gonna fly if the revenues come in weak. In a gym with 150-200 members, open 24-7, what kind of sales do you think I could get? 

commission is added ON TOP of your profit.

so f.ex if you can of coke cost $0.32, to make the money u need, u sell it for $0.75, now lets say 

the company wants 25% commission, ur price goes from 0.75 to 0.95 ... because u are always 

gonna need that 75 cent to keep ur biz going

commissions NEVER COMES OUT OF PROFIT ALWAYS ON TOP in full line vending

hope this helps & good luck 

Drink only

No Combo

Comission on top of whatever your normal selling price is as long as it doesnt cause you to price yourself out of the range people will buy.

If the account will not agree to these terms then move on and try getting a better account.

Archived