Cashflow Coin Mech Faults :( Anyone here help?

str8rippin

Hey guys, Just bought a second hand vendo coke machine bargain at $300, it came with 2 coin mechs, one not working and one not tested, they are both Cashflow 540 Customs, one is Single price with Jones plug and other is 1 or 4 Price with jones and another smaller plug.

I tested both and unfortunately they don't work perfect here's my dramas:

Single price one: Red light is Permanently OFF and rejects all coins, but will dispense coins from the chute if I press either ABCD.

1 or 4 Price One: Red light blinks and rejects all coins, will dispense from chute is I press either ABCD, it also alternates red and yellow when I press the yellow button.

1.If I replace the coin mech can I replace it to a similar model as long as its programmed for Australian dollars and has the same plug? such as a cashflow  5xx reference like the one on ebay with jones plug

2.Could my fault be somewhere else in the machine like transformer or vend motors?

Any help would be awesome

I'm quite out of my depth with this mech (although I have one in a coke owned machine). I'm pretty sure it's a single price coin mech.

I can't see a current listing on Ebay (Oz), but guess you were looking at http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mars-Cashflow-Coin-Mech-/161164196820

Maybe someone with more experience of the mechs can chime in.

If it's any help the manual for this mech is available at http://www.norpay.se/pdf/cf5xx/540_pm_gb6_143774044.pdf

Depending on where you are in Oz it's probably worth sending it in for service and/or repair

Crane Payment Solutions in Sydney (02) 9683 5033 , Blue Jade Electronics in Melbourne (03) 9752 2730

One other thing - I'm pretty sure this coin mech is disabled when all sold out paddles are engaged. Make sure at least 1 column has drinks in it that press in the paddle.

Sorry I can't offer any more thoughts on it.

As I began reading this post I was thinking that this was an export coin mech and then you mentioned Australia.  Try pinging Kiwi to see if he can help you with this.  I do concur with Falls that you must have at least one column with product in it or the machine will reject all money.

Hey guys, Just bought a second hand vendo coke machine bargain at $300, it came with 2 coin mechs, one not working and one not tested, they are both Cashflow 540 Customs, one is Single price with Jones plug and other is 1 or 4 Price with jones and another smaller plug.

I tested both and unfortunately they don't work perfect here's my dramas:

Single price one: Red light is Permanently OFF and rejects all coins, but will dispense coins from the chute if I press either ABCD.

1 or 4 Price One: Red light blinks and rejects all coins, will dispense from chute is I press either ABCD, it also alternates red and yellow when I press the yellow button.

1.If I replace the coin mech can I replace it to a similar model as long as its programmed for Australian dollars and has the same plug? such as a cashflow  5xx reference like the one on ebay with jones plug

2.Could my fault be somewhere else in the machine like transformer or vend motors?

Any help would be awesome

Hi mate I just received your PM but I thought I would reply here.. I am no expert at coin mech's as I usually send them in for repair & I have never owned a mei cashflow 540 so I might not be able to help much.

When you press the mode button on this mech does the yellow led flash.. if not have you checked for a blown fuse?

1 or 4 Price One: Red light blinks and rejects all coins, will dispense from chute is I press either ABCD, it also alternates red and yellow when I press the yellow button

Have you removed acceptor & checked for jammed coins? Have you cleaned coin path on acceptor? If you don't have a Route Alpha to troubleshoot I would send it in to be serviced.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vending-Machines-/190995197004?pt=AU_VendingMachines&hash=item2c78336c4c&_uhb=1

They don't manufacture "new" jones plug mech's anymore but you could could use any secondhand model jones plug mech as long as you are not putting a single price into a multi-price machine as I stated above.

There is also an option of converting your machine to MDB so you could use a MDB mech & note reader if you wanted but it is an expensive option.

My thoughts would be to buy a working secondhand unit as this would probably be the cheapest option. I think it will cost more than $75 to get them serviced if you can't get them going yourself.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived