Is bulk vending a poor choice of a biz to start for someone who moves a lot?

Indio

Hi, you good group of people.  Thanks in advance for any responses. 

I've been reading these posts, thinking of starting a bulk biz.    I have a habit of moving 500 miles every 3 years.

bob

500 miles? 3 years?

Sounds awfully specific.

You can build a route at every location with the intention of selling it just prior to each move.

Knowing this going into the business start-up helps you make sure you keep good records from day one.

Do it right and selling the routes you build may just help finance your move.

So you are recommending he become a "serial " biz op promotor traveling around building "routes" he never intends to run but only creates to maximize his profit at the expense of the uninformed?

Am I missing something here?  Where does Sherlock state anything about selling to uninformed people?  He states keeping good records.  To me that would imply that the seller could inform whoever may be buying it.

I respect your "take" on the post Hillbilly. I posted what I did because:

One can read every post on this board but until you actually own a vending business you will be uninformed. Much in the way that getting behind the wheel after carefully reading the owners manual for a new car (but have never driven before) heading out to the interstate is going to be disasterous.

Most importantly though is that people always arrive at the destination they set out for. So if I am in San Francisco and want to drive the shortest route to New York I will take certain roads making specific turns, stops, detours etc. If I build a vending route that I intend to keep for a long time as an investment and souce of income from OPERATIONS I will do very different things than if I build a vending business to sell. Which is why the business is flooded with Uturns, Vendstars and other detritus of broken dreams

I still don't understand what you're trying to say.  Are you assuming Indio would only be selling to rookie operators every time he moved?  Why?  Are you assuming that nobody that knows better would buy a route of Vendstars and U-Turns...and if they did they would be taken advantage of?

Because some of my most lucrative decisions have involved buying crap equipment placed in great locations.  I'm confused.

Hi, you good group of people.  Thanks in advance for any responses.

I've been reading these posts, thinking of starting a bulk biz. I have a habit of moving 500 miles every 3 years.

bob

I think a route would be for you. Placing bulk charity machines, Im finding ROI by at least 7 months, and thats buying new. So, assuming you got the route established within 3 months, that leaves you 26 months positive cash flow if you moved at the three year mark at which time you could move/sell the machine or sell on location for a higher price.

So you are recommending he become a "serial " biz op promotor traveling around building "routes" he never intends to run but only creates to maximize his profit at the expense of the uninformed?

The original poster already stated he's been reading TVF posts.

If he's done so, he knows what I meant by stating he should "keep good records from day one" and "do it right".

If you read my post and took my use of the term "do it right" to mean the original poster should  become "a serial biz op promoter traveling around building routes he never intends to run but only creates to maximize his profit at the expense of the uninformed", then you and I have a different way of doing things "right". And I can't help you with that, bud.

Archived