How to get out of the bulk vending business?

massalonvending

I have been dwindling down my client list, and let clients buy some of their machines from me. Now, I have about 6 clients left and do not have the time in the day to handle the business between school, and my other ventures, and would like to get out of the business.

These clients are spread around a 50 mile radius, so I don't think it would be worth it for anyone to buy them all. What should I do to get out?

you could put an add on caigslist and ebay. havending might buy it.wish I could tag him!!

I don't really buy routes. Most are not worth buying. But there is an old timer near me with some great accounts he has had 20 plus years and the machines are that old or older also. If he retired I would want that. But if a route makes money it normally won't pop up for sale.

I don't really buy routes. Most are not worth buying. But there is an old timer near me with some great accounts he has had 20 plus years and the machines are that old or older also. If he retired I would want that. But if a route makes money it normally won't pop up for sale.

That may be true for the most part but an owner with health problems can be a good way to buy a route.  That is how I got into the business and who knows it may be the way I get out if my back doesn't hold up over the long haul.

If you can find a true "selling for Health reasons sale ". Selling for health it's the oldest excuse for selling crap locations in the book. But there always exceptions

Agreed.

I have also been lucky a couple of times buying quality routes from older vendors who are ready to retire.

If you can find a true "selling for Health reasons sale ". Selling for health it's the oldest excuse for selling crap locations in the book. But there always exceptions

I am sure that is true.  In my case we insured the business for several years, knew the owner and knew his cancer was for real too.  The second route we bought from a husband/wife team in which the husband had already had several back surgeries and the wife was having to do everything on their own.

Just dont sell to the owners of businesses,  all vendors in the future who might want those accounts will be out of luck.

Yea some idiot was giving really poor service in a prime location here and I had the owner convinced to kick him and I go back and the owner told me he is going to let him stay...I later found out from the former operator that he sold to the location. That blanking golpher.

Thank you for your responses!

By 6 clients, I actually meant 6 machines. Three are in the same company, but 3 different locations. Two are with another company, but one of those two is a 2 hour drive. The last one is in a salon.

I don't think it would be worth anyones time to purchase such a small route. I was thinking of asking the owners if they would like to buy the machines for their locations.

Thank you for your responses!

By 6 clients, I actually meant 6 machines. Three are in the same company, but 3 different locations. Two are with another company, but one of those two is a 2 hour drive. The last one is in a salon.

I don't think it would be worth anyones time to purchase such a small route. I was thinking of asking the owners if they would like to buy the machines for their locations.

I see why your getting out. 6 machines in a 50 mile radius would be hard to make any money and im guessing your talking candy locations. 

I see why your getting out. 6 machines in a 50 mile radius would be hard to make any money and im guessing your talking candy locations. 

Since I don't drive and my parents pay for transportation, not to mention that the furthest machine is in my hometown & in my families business, the money isn't the issue. It's just the time it takes away from everything else I do, in addition to lack of interest. 

I see we are being as helpful as ever. Try to sell the machines on location, if that doesn't work just pull them an try selling them. You could also visit some other locations and get the contact information from machines, contact those business and see if they would be interested in buying.

Archived