Vistar - Net/10 Credit Terms

Anybody else have better than 10-day credit terms with Vistar?  I fell behind an invoice or two and they cut me off.  Paid them, now they have me on C.O.D. for 6 months.  What the hell?  Why only 10-day terms?  Who does that?

My fault for missing the couple of invoices.  But come on.....10-day terms?  Ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought with Vistar you had to have at least a minimum $1000 order for them to stop.

(when I called they said the min delivery order was a $1000)

Will they stop for a $300 - $400 order?

The 1000 dollar min is for no delivery charge. I believe they will deliver for less but add a charge, my guess is that it would be around 100.00 delivery fee.

You can avoid those charges if you place your smaller orders with another vendor (If you can find someone one in your area willing to work with you). Ask your Vistar rep & they may be able to put you in touch with someone else willing to combine orders with you.  I do that with another vendor in my area.  We add our orders together (but the still get delivered on separate palates with separate invoices ) to get over the $1,000 minimum (no charge for delivery) requirement & they deliver them to his place so the driver only makes one stop.

Archived