More Choices on chips

kdub3821

I'm new to the snack machine side of vending. I'm limited to buying from SAMs club because I don't know where else to buy from. Sams has a limited amount of 2 oz bags and the 2oz bags are what I would like to sell. Where do you get all of your product from? Thanks.

I'm new to the snack machine side of vending. I'm limited to buying from SAMs club because I don't know where else to buy from. Sams has a limited amount of 2 oz bags and the 2oz bags are what I would like to sell. Where do you get all of your product from? Thanks.

We get our LSS size chips from local wholesalers - if we knew where you were somebody from your area might be able to steer you in the right direction.  Sam's carries very little of the LSS size here 

I know that Vendors Supply of Ohio run into WV. They handle LSS by a few manufacturers. They also can supply you with your candy, gum & mint, pastry, food, and Coffee supplies. I believe their minimum order for delivery is only 40 cs. Much better pricing than Vistar. They just don't have as big a selection. You may look at them. 800-277-8363 or google Vendors Supply

Why only do LSS? Limiting yourself to LSS can limit the accounts you can get because of selling price. Some accounts would rather have standard bags at a cheaper price than larger bags at a higher price.

Rookie question. What is LSS? Also I just Have one snack machine. A 40 case minimum would not work for me.

Large Single Serving - usually 1.5 to 2 oz bags packed 64 to the case which is why we say it's hard to run one snack machine - very hard to move that much product through just one machine.

Why only do LSS? Limiting yourself to LSS can limit the accounts you can get because of selling price. Some accounts would rather have standard bags at a cheaper price than larger bags at a higher price.

My customers have told me that the single serving size is "all bag and no chips" - I tend to agree with them

Large Single Serving - usually 1.5 to 2 oz bags packed 64 to the case which is why we say it's hard to run one snack machine - very hard to move that much product through just one machine.

My customers have told me that the single serving size is "all bag and no chips" - I tend to agree with them

Maybe true about the bag but it is still based on weight. I dont disagree with using LSS but limiting yourself to only that size will cause problems getting into some accounts because of selling price. I say offer both sizes and let the account decide what sells and what dosent. If they prefer LSS then go for it if not offer both.

Most Sams sells variety packs of LSS and standard bag to get a fairly good variety mix but with one machine you are still going to run into problems with enough variety compared to stales. A typical snack machine setup is 10 selections of chips ran on the top two rows of a 5 wide. My old company I ran we had 5 selections of LSS and 5 of standard bag with some overlap of selection in both sizes. An example would be having both LSS and SBC in Lays plain chips and Doritos.

Archived