Another newbie here saying hello!

PokerCop

Good morning people!  I just wanted to pop in and say hello.  I came across this forum a few days ago and have been reading it as much as I can.  I am about to get into the vending business next week and am super excited about it.  Here is what I have going on:

One friend of mine has a Dixie-Narco 600E soda machine and a USI snack machine that are placed at a tattoo shop.  He has sold the rest of his machines and offered these two (already placed) to me for $3,000.  The standing agreement with the owner of the shop is 10%.  My friend has only been servicing them every 4-5 weeks because he is so busy with his full time job.  He says they average $150-$170 every 4-5 weeks because he runs out of product before he can get back to service them.  He suggests they be serviced every 3 weeks and believes they should profit about $200 after the cost of restocking them and the shop owners cut.

Another friend of mine had a bulk candy route consisting of 60 Vendstar triple head machines.  He too decided he needed more time for his other career options, so he sold 10 machines on craigslist and wants to sell me the remaining 50 machines (all Vendstar triple head) for $10 each.  They are not placed but I believe it should be fairly easy to get them back into the locations he pulled them from.

I have never done anything like this before but I will be treating this like a professional business from day one.  If I find I am making money I will continue to buy and place more machines.  By day I am a police officer, by night I will be a vendor.  I look forward to this venture into the vending world and thank you all for the valuable information provided on this forum!  

So, here we go!

Good morning people!  I just wanted to pop in and say hello.  I came across this forum a few days ago and have been reading it as much as I can.  I am about to get into the vending business next week and am super excited about it.  Here is what I have going on:

One friend of mine has a Dixie-Narco 600E soda machine and a USI snack machine that are placed at a tattoo shop.  He has sold the rest of his machines and offered these two (already placed) to me for $3,000.  The standing agreement with the owner of the shop is 10%.  My friend has only been servicing them every 4-5 weeks because he is so busy with his full time job.  He says they average $150-$170 every 4-5 weeks because he runs out of product before he can get back to service them.  He suggests they be serviced every 3 weeks and believes they should profit about $200 after the cost of restocking them and the shop owners cut.

Another friend of mine had a bulk candy route consisting of 60 Vendstar triple head machines.  He too decided he needed more time for his other career options, so he sold 10 machines on craigslist and wants to sell me the remaining 50 machines (all Vendstar triple head) for $10 each.  They are not placed but I believe it should be fairly easy to get them back into the locations he pulled them from.

I have never done anything like this before but I will be treating this like a professional business from day one.  If I find I am making money I will continue to buy and place more machines.  By day I am a police officer, by night I will be a vendor.  I look forward to this venture into the vending world and thank you all for the valuable information provided on this forum!  

So, here we go!

Welcome to TVF. Your "friend" is not doing you any favors at 3000 for used equipment in a poor location. Just sayin....

So, here we go!

I don't like the tattoo shop location - location is priced too high as this will never be a premium account (let your "friend" keep it).  We do have one member "Donut" who is a police officer and he specializes in soda only accounts as these make pretty good money and are easy to service.  This might be a reasonable approach for you as well.

Never pay commission on such a low grossing account - most of us would consider this to be a "dog" account to be avoided.  You're looking for something that will gross north of $500 a month - otherwise it won't make economic sense.

Thank you...  I forgot to mention that the average they take was actually profit, not gross.  They are currently generating an average of $160 profit (thats after all expenses and being serviced after product a lot of product has run out).  If I can make $200 or more a month profit from the machines by being more proactive in their servicing, I think I would be okay with that.  Yes they are a at a tattoo shop, but the shop is on a very popular street, and the patrons and employees of the tattoo shop have one thing in common....  They are stuck there for hours on end, unable to go run to the stoor mid-tattoo for a drink or snack...  Their pain is litterally my gain :)

It is my belief that the additional 50 bulk candy machines I am buying will probably generate more profit than the soda and snack machine.  If I find that to consistantly be the case, I may double up on the bulk machines.  I'm not trying to make a fortune, just extra income to cover a nice vacation each year... For now

Listen to what others are telling you about the tattoo parlor. It is a dog account, and 3000 is too much for the account. That 160 profit he is claiming is more likely gross sales for 5 weeks.

Archived