What machines did I get? And where to get parts?

RikaKazak

I recently got a rack + 4 heads, all for free.  The location owner just made me drill the locks and give him the money (the machine was abandoned over 2 years ago, and the phone number on the machine was disconnected and there was no business name or anything on the machine, so I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything unethical).

So I need new locks, 3 new top covers, and 2 new long metal poles that go through the middle (not sure what they're called, but I drilled too far on a couple of locks and need to replace the poles too).

I only found 1 marking on the machines, and I'm not sure what it represents (if anything).  And I'm pretty new to vending so still don't know what these machines are called or where to go to buy the parts.  If anyone knows and would share I would REALLY appreciate it :D

Thanks in advance!

image16_zpsfc7169cf.jpeg

image15_zps7f64a6c1.jpeg

image19_zpscc380311.jpeg

The marking is really small.  Not even 100% sure what it's suppose to be.

image17_zps361c2e6c.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I know some about Komets and the guy who manufactured them.  In earlier models of Komets the lids were aluminum and the bases were aluminum. The replacement lids you order from A & A that fit Oak Vistas and PO-89 with panel globes also fit Komets. 

A & A bought Komet from the guy who designed, manufactured and sold Komets., named Don Lemke. 

I've talked with the guy on the phone.  He is also the guy who designed and engineered the Advance flat machine.  He sold that out to A & A also.  So twice this guy sold out to A & A.  The second time he sold out to A & A he agreed to not open another vending manufacturing business for 5 years.  A & A figured that he was getting older so 5 years would keep him from causing them competition again.  While he was out of manufacturing he built a good sized flat vending route.  After the 5 years he began making the advance sticker machine again with a few improvements.  I bought a few flat machines again his second time manufacturing them. He used to have an ad in Vending times with birsd on it and it said something like "cheeeeeeepppp cheeeeppp sticker machines".

Is Don Lemke still around?

A & A is cheapest place to get Komet parts.  Really all you probably will ever need is new lids and globes.

I'm sure Jim or Olivia at Oak would be able to give you the latest on Don (they were helping with the logistics on the latest Advance machines). Last I heard he was living in the San Fran area, I'm guessing to be around one of his kids as he is getting up there in age.

Don is a great guy. He has been in the business a very long time. I first met him in Seattle in the late 60s.

I agree.  He is like alot of folks on this site who will share their yeasrs of experience/knowlege even if you are just starting in the business.

You know what would be cool?

What would be cool Tbuford?

It would be cool to get Don Lemke and Roger Folz to log onto chat here at some planned time so we could get on and hear from them.

Don is a great guy. He has been in the business a very long time. I first met him in Seattle in the late 60s.

I agree, Don and his wife are great.  When I was a kid I put a nickel in one of his machines back in the early 60's...(I grew up north of Seattle)...but that was the only coin I would put in a bulk machine for at least 25 years as the display card was full of great stuff - but all I got was a single color blow molded piece of plastic Japanese junk. And I looked in the machine and saw that all the caps were full of that same 'made in Japan' junk, and none of the 'good stuff' on the display was to be found anywhere...so I just never paid attention to any bulk vendors after that.

Archived