NAMA and OneShow, 2 ?

arkhusker

In all of my years in this business, I have never been a NAMA member so my first question is, is it worth the money? 

The second is, is OneShow worth the cost of attending? I read an old thread which had very positive things to say but I just wanted some fresh answers. 

Oh, and is anyone else going? 

The NAMA show is sooooooooooooooooo worth it. I learned about Marley Coffee, new coke products, new vendo and MEI products, talk with reps, engineers and the food samples..........awesome. It is about $250-$300 to enter ( price depends on when you by your ticket). It was worth it. No regrets. Costs me a bit more with the US/Canadian dollar exchange rate this year....but that is life! 

I am not a NAMA member, no intention on becoming one either.

In all of my years in this business, I have never been a NAMA member so my first question is, is it worth the money? 

The second is, is OneShow worth the cost of attending? I read an old thread which had very positive things to say but I just wanted some fresh answers. 

Oh, and is anyone else going? 

To me the biggest benefit of being a member is having a team of dedicated people watching out for out industry and working to mitigate the bad effects of poorly conceived legislation. If we don't have a voice to speak up for us at the state and national levels we are going to get screwed worse than we already are. Part of being a business owner is supporting those that advocate on your behalf. For only a few hundred dollars we get that, not to mention other member discounts that may benefit you as well.

The NAMA show is awesome, its been a few years since I went but if you are inclined to take a mini working vacation it is a fantastic experience and well worth it just to see what sort of innovations are coming down the pipeline.

I hear they are going to have a One Show in Sochi, Russia next year.  Discounted hotel room stays!

LOLZ! 

For those that have been, did you stay at one of the convention hotels or book outside. Seems there are a few options in the same area that are cheaper. 

Archived