Older Machines With A Thermostat

CajunCandy

Morning

Since all my cold drink machines are Dixie Narco and Vendo with one Royal I've notice the tube to read temp in machine is placed in different areas of air flow of evaporator core. Some is placed in back while some is in front of core with a couple is placed inside of copper pipe behind fins of core. The Royal is controlled by the board with temp sensor located on wall inside of machine in the flow of air.

So my question is where is the proper placement for the tube front or back of core?

Thanks!

:rolleyes:

Mike, the proper placement of the capillary tube from the temp control depends on the machine and the particular temp control. 

• Dixie Narco contact thermostat - has a double fold of the capillary tube that is slid into a horizontal tube running behind the evaporator from the right side.
  • DN clip-in thermostat - newer machines from DN in the late 90's on will use a thermostat with a cap tube having an loop formed into the end.  This loop will fit into a horizontal 3/4" slot on the back wall of the air duct behind the evaporator on the right side.  The formed cap tube end simply clips into the slot. 
  • Vendo mechanical thermostat - This is a Vendo-specific short cap tube thermostat that locates the cap tube in the airflow behind the evaporator.  The thermostat is mounted on the left of the evaporator and the straight end cap tube enters a hole in the side of the evap shroud, runs along the evaporator fan frame and is clipped in place on the center of that frame.  Many people including VE will use an unfolded cap tube DN thermostat in this application, but I always use a Vendo so I have the correct cap tube length.
  • Royal early machines with thermostats - This is a contact thermostat specific to Royal due to it's cap tube length.  The thermostat is mounted on the left of the tank and the folded cap tube is slid into a horizontal tube behind the evaporator from the left side.
  • Royal electronic temp sensor - This is a sensor mounted to the back wall of the cabinet just above the exit of the evaporator air duct, putting the sensor in the airflow.

Mike, the proper placement of the capillary tube from the temp control depends on the machine and the particular temp control. 

• Dixie Narco contact thermostat - has a double fold of the capillary tube that is slid into a horizontal tube running behind the evaporator from the right side.
  • DN clip-in thermostat - newer machines from DN in the late 90's on will use a thermostat with a cap tube having an loop formed into the end.  This loop will fit into a horizontal 3/4" slot on the back wall of the air duct behind the evaporator on the right side.  The formed cap tube end simply clips into the slot. 
  • Vendo mechanical thermostat - This is a Vendo-specific short cap tube thermostat that locates the cap tube in the airflow behind the evaporator.  The thermostat is mounted on the left of the evaporator and the straight end cap tube enters a hole in the side of the evap shroud, runs along the evaporator fan frame and is clipped in place on the center of that frame.  Many people including VE will use an unfolded cap tube DN thermostat in this application, but I always use a Vendo so I have the correct cap tube length.
  • Royal early machines with thermostats - This is a contact thermostat specific to Royal due to it's cap tube length.  The thermostat is mounted on the left of the tank and the folded cap tube is slid into a horizontal tube behind the evaporator from the left side.
  • Royal electronic temp sensor - This is a sensor mounted to the back wall of the cabinet just above the exit of the evaporator air duct, putting the sensor in the airflow.

You didn't mention any USI equipment

:)

Archived