Dixie Narco 501e

I'm sure this has been discussed before.

I just purchased a DN501E and would like to know what setting should be for back spacer, cam setting, and shim/rods are for 12 oz cans, 16 oz cans, 20 oz water bottles, and gatorade/power aid bottles. Not sure what sizes vend best in the machine.

All this in either narrow or wide column. Thanks

You have to figure the spacers out on your own. Just leave room for about a fingertip between the product and sold out switch.

For most items longer than a 12oz can, the cam setting should be 2 while 12 oz cans should be 3.

I think standard cans use the bottom rod setting while bottles use the middle. I'm not certain about rod settings. Shims are also out of my realm of knowledge.

Here are your settings:

Dasani 20 oz

Wide col. - 2 short 3/32" shim each side, red cam in hole 3 and back spacer in hole 24.

Narrow col. - Bottle shim, cam in hole 5, back spacer in hole 24.

12 oz Can

Wide - 4 of 3/32" tall shim each side, red cam on 2, back spacer in hole 13, three cans deep.

Narrow - Can shim, rod/spring assy, in middle holes of rotor, cam in hole 1, back spacer in hole 13.

Powerade 20 oz

Wide - 2 short 3/32" shim each side, red cam in hole 3, back spacer in hole 15.

Narrow - Bottle shim, cam in hole 5, back spacer in hole 15.

16 oz Can

Wide - 4 tall 3/32" shim each side, red cam in hole 1, back spacer in hole 8.

Narrow - Bottle shim, rod/spring assy, in middle hole of rotor, cam in hole 3, back spacer in hole 8.

Gatorade 20 oz

Wide - 2 short 3/32" shims each side, red cam in hole 3, back spacer in hole 16.

Narrow - Bottle shim, cam in hole 5, back spacer in hole 16.

Aquafina 20 oz.

Wide - 2 short 3/32" shims each side, red cam in hole 3, back spacer in hole 20.

Narrow - bottle shim, cam in hole 5, back spacer in hole 20.

You will probably want a 12 oz can selection in your wide column for your best seller.  When purchasing Dasani or Aquafina water, make sure the bottles are firm when warm on the shelf.  Those firm bottles are injected with nitrogen so they stay firm when cold in the machine.  If you use bottles that are soft and squeezable on the shelf they will shrink and collapse as they get cold in the machine and jam your column.

Send me a PM if you need any of the parts listed here and I can ship them out to you.

I also have a 501 e, great machine easy to work on.I need to change a sold out switch and i am not sure how to remove it without breaking it.  I did try lifting and sliding to right as manual says but it dosent want to move.  i intend to remove one from another selection at the bottom of the machine to replace one near the top. any suggestions.

the part  I am talking about (in case I have the name wrong) is a white plastic piece that the wires plug into. the wires all look fine.

Thanks

I'm not sure what manual said to "lift and slide the switch to the right" but the sold out switches on any DN SII machine snap in place. The sold out switch itself is not removable from the bracket and the switch assembly clip portion usually breaks when removing it. Due to this design you can't use anything other than a new switch assy.

Are you sure you aren't talking about a selection switch or a sold out light?

PM me if you need any parts for this but you need to be more specific about what you're asking.

The door doesn't make it too heavy as weight proportion of door to cabinet is the same as a 501E. The machine will be about 100lbs heavier though.

I am referring to the door not aligning properly in the future due to a slightly sagging door.  I don't think this will happen though, just something that crossed my mind due to experiences with CB-700 vendors.

The CB700 doors are much heavier than on a DN600 or any other machine other than other USI machines.  DN also has much more robust hinges and hardware on their doors.  The only problems I've ever seen with DN door alignments are if someone has adjusted the lower hinge pin height.  There is actually an adjustment in height that can be made on the lower pin that you would not even know was there unless you removed one of their doors.  I have only seen one out of whack due to a door having been removed, so you should not experience any issues that an adjustment in the cage nut bracket won't fix.

The CB700 doors are much heavier than on a DN600 or any other machine other than other USI machines.  DN also has much more robust hinges and hardware on their doors.  The only problems I've ever seen with DN door alignments are if someone has adjusted the lower hinge pin height.  There is actually an adjustment in height that can be made on the lower pin that you would not even know was there unless you removed one of their doors.  I have only seen one out of whack due to a door having been removed, so you should not experience any issues that an adjustment in the cage nut bracket won't fix.

The CB-700 doors are also much wider, which would explain the additional strain on the hinges.  You can actually watch USI doors drop due to the weigh from where they should be when aligned properly.  This is one of the major things preventing me from purchasing a CB-700!

Chris,

I understand what your saying about the cb700, personally I think the cb 500 is better and sufficient for most locations. One of the drawbacks with the cb700 is its very low on the ground and difficult to get a trolley jack under to move it, however the cb500 being higher is very simple and easy.

I'm not sure what manual said to "lift and slide the switch to the right" but the sold out switches on any DN SII machine snap in place. The sold out switch itself is not removable from the bracket and the switch assembly clip portion usually breaks when removing it. Due to this design you can't use anything other than a new switch assy.

Are you sure you aren't talking about a selection switch or a sold out light?

PM me if you need any parts for this but you need to be more specific about what you're asking.

saw the part i need for sale online and they called it a sold out switch  its only a couple three dollars so i think ill get it and then i can see how it goes in thanks

Archived