Vendo 721 - 24oz

I spoke to A & M today about a new Vendo 721LD. They claim the unit is easily modified to accept 2 deep 24oz/710ml bottles. They can ship the unit modified when you buy it. Due to the fact that they will not accept any form of payment other than wire transfer, I will have to purchase the machine elsewhere. Can anyone tell me what the conversion might be - can I do it when I receive a factory built machine? Is there just a spacer at the back you can pull out?

Is this a solid & reliable unit? Has anyone had any issues with it?

Does it have guaranteed vending?

Has anyone done this conversion?

Thanks!

I have actually vending 24oz bottles out of a Vendo 721.  It was probably 3 years ago, but I did it.  All I had to do was move the spacers all the way to the back and the machine did the rest.  It's important to note that the Pepsi products vended fine but the Coke products were a tight fit.  If you could take the spacers out (I did not try this), all of them would fit easily, but you should only need to take spacers out for the coke products.

Even though the coke products were snug and were slightly "tipped" when they went in, the machine still vended them out perfectly every time.  It's my FAVORITE pop machine that I own.

When you vend 24 oz bottles the set up is as follows. I have done this about 1 million times

1) Remove any metal spacers found in the column, the column should be naked! No spacers, no clips, gauge bar at the middle position and the cam set at 1. simple!  Push the back spacer all the way to the back, set the price and then test vend. The vendo will vend coke and pepsi  24 ouncers no problem. I have been doing it for years! Ask A&M equipment to video the unit vend 24 ounce bottles set at 2 back. Or better yet call vendo sales at 559 250 7825. I would get a 79 inch machine if you going to vend 24oz..more capacity! tons for sale in Calif.

www.wachtor.com. They sell vendos also!

Good luck BC boy

I really want a live display and I'm thinking that is not available in a 79". The new v21's do not use spacers or shims. Simple and fast product switches. I think the live display is important for the location in at.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

So it seems the 821 is available in a live display. Very few people sell it. A vendo salesman insists the 721 & 821 will only take a 24oz bottle 1 deep. I will have to to keep digging to get a firm answer before I drop the money on a new machine. I will try tech support and ask them tomorrow.

Can anyone recommend a used (refurbished) machine distributor that would ship to the border?

Wittern in Des Moines has a 721 Live display for sale. They had one regular and one live. I bought the regular. I stopped by and looked at them in person. They were both very clean. I took the regular since they are going in the same account and I had one that matched it. Ask for Scott Madole. 

Mike

You will likely have to order the live display 821 from a distributor.  There won't be many distributors that would stock a 79" machine as there is virtually no demand for them except from bottling companies.  I also don't think you will get any competitive prices on Vendo equipment from Wittern.  Since they don't manufacture the machines but simply resell them, usually without the Vendo name on them, you will pay more.  You should get your best prices from an actual distributor.  For delivery to the border try VE in Cleveland or Mazzco/Lieberman Music in Minneapolis.

I I spoke to scott at wittern, but by the time I get it delivered, for a couple hundred bucks more I can have a new one with a full warranty.

I seem to be hitting more dead ends as far as the V21 vending 24oz bottles. I have found (and it has been suggested on my many phone calls) that a Royal 650 (RVDVE 650) will in fact vend 24oz bottles as is. Does anyone have a royal 650 with experience doing this? The royal 650 has a different stack configuration than I am used to. How do you stock the rear if the front sections are still mostly full? Since they are wider compartments and only hold 2 cans deep - is there an extra 1/2" of space to fit in the 24oz bottles? 2 cans are 9.5" + breathing room & a 24oz coke is 10".

Thanks for all the help so far. I'm sure there is a machine out there for me!!!!!

I believe that the rear spacers in a RV650 will go back a little farther than the can setting which should give you the 10 inches. The way to load the machine is with the better sellers in the front so that the front columns are sold down far enough to acccess the re

Let me finish my last sentence:  "sold down far enough to allow access to the rear columns".  There, that sounds better.

Now there are two versions of the RV650 with the earlier one called a Merlin IV and the later one a Merlin IV Plus.  Both models had live display options for their doors so you should contact Royal tech support to find out if perhaps the Plus models have more room in the columns.  Of course, since you will have them on the phone you should ask about the maximum product depth possible in either model.  The Plus series starts with serial number 201210 and higher. 

Oh, by the way, Royal still appears to build this machine new, but their website stinks now after their redesign and you might not get much information from it.

Oh, by the way, Royal still appears to build this machine new, but their website stinks now after their redesign and you might not get much information from it.

Couldn't agree more with you here.. Why is it.. when a vending company changes their website they always come out worse than they were before.. eg. veii, royalvendors

Do they all use the same stupid IT company or something? 

They make them look pretty to look at.. but they take away all the valuable information.. 

I am so frustrated by the lack of information available online. How hard is it to post some pictures of the inside of the machine, some decent information about how much product it can hold and of what type etc. Pictures of the shimming system of any, how to videos for loading and maintenance etc. It's pretty sad really given the price of these units.

vendo has all the pics, shimming and COMPLETE set up guides on their website. Royal tech support is great, they will help with anything. Call tech support and ask for Matt...good luck! websites tell a lot about a company.....yeah.....a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vendo does not have any product setup guides for the V21 series of machines on their website.  The General section of each manual will show the general product setups depending on how many products deep the products will fit.  It appears from that diagram that the 24 oz bottles will only be 1 product deep.  For any other information regarding specific products you will need to contact Vendo tech support and ask them.  There may be some product testing that they haven't published yet.

Royal has royally butchered their website and made it virtually useless.   In searching for any 24 oz or Pepsi 24 oz product tests they may have done, nothing over 20 oz will show up.  So, again, you will need to speak to their tech support for help with your specific products.  Don't hesitate to also tell them that their new website stinks.

A company that sells Vendo machines test vended a couple of coke bottles with the rear spacer removed and it seemed to work without a problem. I'm hopeful that the V21 might work after all!

Archived