why doea Coinco Mec occasionally rejects quarters?

bairdo3

I have a Coinco mec that will occasionally reject quarters, but not when I go to fill machine or fix problem. I keep getting told it wont take quarters agian, then i go to check on it and it takes quarters fine, however maybe 1 reject quarter. Coin track is cleaned and clear, and all dip switches are set correctly. What could be the issue?

It's hard to say what the problem is but the easiest solution when this happens is to swap it out with another coin mech.  There are so many things it could be but the chances are that you will never figure it out unless you work on coin mechs.

You say the coin path is clear, but you must make sure there isn't any dirt built up on the curved coin track, the flat surface above it or on the reverse of the lid.  Use a dry, rough paper towel to clean the dirt off as moisture will be repelled by the oils in the dirt.  If the surfaces are clean and the coin mech's coin return lever isn't in constant contact with the metal return lever on the door (there must be a gap) then you will need to replace the coin mech due to it losing its tuning. 

If you need a replacement you can PM me for information on an exchange coin mech.

Archived