Thoughts on USI CB500 Drink Machine

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so installed the hard start two weeks ago and I let machine run each day for about 5 days straight for around 6-8 hours each day when Igot home from work and everything was working great with temp getting gown to 37 degrees as it should. After final checkout on yesterday, everything was working as it should with compressor operating as normal. Well, I installed machine on location today and once I plugged machine in, the compressor did kick on as it should and temp of machine was around 65 degrees. However after about 10-15 min compressor all of a sudden the compressor kicked off and temp was only at 51 degrees. Is this normal? The reason why I ask is because when I was testing machine at home, seems as if compressor did not kick off until reaching set temp of 36 degrees. So I unplugged machine for a few minutes and plugged back in to make sure compressor would kick back on, well sure enough compressor kicked back on and it shut back off around 51 degrees and I noticed fan was still running while compressor was off. I waited about 10 min and compressor never kicked back on and temp went back up to 60 degrees.

Thoughts!!

If the condenser fan on the compressor keeps running when the compressor is off then the machine is working correctly. Since you already put a hard start kit on (which only overcomes certain weaknesses) this means the compressor is bad and must be replaced. If you don't have someone to do that you can send the unit to me for rebuilding.

There isn't anything left to do other than replace the compessor. Ohming out the windings will only confirm it but the way it's behaving (assuming the machine is 3 - 4" from the wall and that the fan produces good airflow out the back) means it needs a new compressor, period.

Got it... The machine is definately 3-4'' away from wall. I will contact the remanufacturing company Monday that is in my area. I will send you PM as well for price to replace compressor. Thanks for the support. It's funny how such a new machine compressor can go out so fast because I have a house that is only 2 years old and I had to have compressor replaced on my house unit about month ago. It is always something...

Archived