LCM4 "make another selection"

My lcm4 is having issues. the top and bottom drinks on the right right side, are not vending. although full, it says "make another selection" the door flap for each one is raised slightly as if starting to vend a drink,,maybe a 1/4 inch or less.. any input on the problem , or how to trouble shoot.. I also have a chip selection, that says the same thing,, this is odd because for a short period i would have random snack selection not vend and say "make another selection" now it seems to have settled on that doesnt work.. any thoughts? 

My lcm4 is having issues. the top and bottom drinks on the right right side, are not vending. although full, it says "make another selection" the door flap for each one is raised slightly as if starting to vend a drink,,maybe a 1/4 inch or less.. any input on the problem , or how to trouble shoot.. I also have a chip selection, that says the same thing,, this is odd because for a short period i would have random snack selection not vend and say "make another selection" now it seems to have settled on that doesnt work.. any thoughts? 

I only have the Crane comparable to this unit but my first guess with sodas would be broken ejector parts in the soda box.  On the snack issue, sounds like a bad tray harness or connection.

Try turning the machine off for a few seconds and then turning it back on.  This will force the machine to home all motors that are not at home.  Then go into the service mode and make sure the display shows the correct number of motors that you have in the machine.  Now go to the test vend mode and test vend the selections you are having trouble with.  If your selections now vend fine then go out of the service mode and try to buy them with coins and bills. 

As to the random "make another selection" messages, make sure your shelf locks (white pivot devices on ends of the shelf) are holding the shelves in place and that the arms aren't broken off from any of the locks.  You should also pull out the top three shelves and inspect the shelf rollers to ensure they are tightly secured, not broken and not missing their nuts.  An uneven shelf will not make a good connection to the cabinet back harness.

Some versions of LCM software have a bug,

When it detect over current to a motor. It puts that selection out of order.

The only way to bring it back on line is to enter the test mode and get that selection to make a full cycle then exit to vend mode then that selection should work.

Walta

Also, a weird thing about LCMs. If you're using the mode switch to get the meter ( Or check error status. Or reprice. Or anything in the programming. )  then when it flips back into operating mode, and you have a tray out ( like you're in the middle of loading it ) it will put that entire tray out of service. ( Because it goes through and checks the motors when it flips back into operating mode. ) 

That's why I learned as an operator and now tell my customers to go in and out of the service mode 3 times before closing the door to ensure the machine doesn't report less than the total number of motors.

Archived