ROYAL 650

What are the characteristics of a bad control board.  Machine shut off by itself, turned back on and display was reading out of service.  Had 2 blink error on bill validator.  Everything I tried didn't help.  Finally pressed the program button on the control board and started pressing product selection buttons and the machine turned off, turned back on and everything worked perfectly.  All depth settings and prices had to be reset.  My question is, is this a bad control board?

VENDO 721

Column won't vend.  Tried to jog and test vend with no joy.  Had this problem before and the spring and pin got out of whack some how.  Didn't have any tools with me, so will look at it when I go back.  Is it common for this to happen on the VENDO 721's?

Thanks

Mike

ROYAL 650

What are the characteristics of a bad control board.  Machine shut off by itself, turned back on and display was reading out of service.  Had 2 blink error on bill validator.  Everything I tried didn't help.  Finally pressed the program button on the control board and started pressing product selection buttons and the machine turned off, turned back on and everything worked perfectly.  All depth settings and prices had to be reset.  My question is, is this a bad control board?

VENDO 721

Column won't vend.  Tried to jog and test vend with no joy.  Had this problem before and the spring and pin got out of whack some how.  Didn't have any tools with me, so will look at it when I go back.  Is it common for this to happen on the VENDO 721's?

Thanks

Mike

Sounds like the battery on the control board is flat. You may also have a bad occupancy sensor which is supposed to turn the machine off when no one is present.  This for the 650, as I don't own any 721s.

On the Royal 650:  Do you lose power to the entire machine including the compressor?  Do you only lose power to the control board but the lights stay on?  The lights are enabled by the control board so if they stay on when the display is off your board still has power.  If you lose power to the entire machine then you have a power plug issue, power cord issue (inspect for damaged cord and a ground pin at the wall), or a bad main power harness in the machine.

If you only lose power to the logic board (no power to coin mech, validator or display) then check for a loose 24V power-in connector on the board, a loose connector on the power transformer (either 110V side or 24V output).

Your loss of power to the board could simply be a loose connector or a broken/damaged wire in one of the circuits mentioned.  While you were pricing the machine, for example, you had the door open and were probably moving it somewhat.  This can cause and intermittent connection to show itself.

On the Vendo 721:  Do you have the problem column properly set up for the package size?  Double check the setup and redo it just to be safe, making sure the can clip is in the proper position.  If you continue to have problems you might have a bad gate link.  This might be the "pin" you referred to in conjunction with the spring you said were "out of whack" before.  The gate link might be warped and causing the column to jam. 

If you need any part for this you can send me a PM.

On the Royal 650:  Do you lose power to the entire machine including the compressor?  Do you only lose power to the control board but the lights stay on?  The lights are enabled by the control board so if they stay on when the display is off your board still has power.  If you lose power to the entire machine then you have a power plug issue, power cord issue (inspect for damaged cord and a ground pin at the wall), or a bad main power harness in the machine.

If you only lose power to the logic board (no power to coin mech, validator or display) then check for a loose 24V power-in connector on the board, a loose connector on the power transformer (either 110V side or 24V output).

Your loss of power to the board could simply be a loose connector or a broken/damaged wire in one of the circuits mentioned.  While you were pricing the machine, for example, you had the door open and were probably moving it somewhat.  This can cause and intermittent connection to show itself.

On the Vendo 721:  Do you have the problem column properly set up for the package size?  Double check the setup and redo it just to be safe, making sure the can clip is in the proper position.  If you continue to have problems you might have a bad gate link.  This might be the "pin" you referred to in conjunction with the spring you said were "out of whack" before.  The gate link might be warped and causing the column to jam. 

If you need any part for this you can send me a PM.

Yes AZVendor.  Exactly.  I have the door open and doing some programming and the lights go out and turn back on and the machine resets.  What do you think?

Archived