Help identifying machine

EIV

This machine is on craigslist near me, the bill acceptor dont work and 2 of the slots are jammed up (whatever that means) can anyone identify this machine?  As far as brand and value, if any.  Hes only got $200 on it and its been there quite a while so I was thinking offering scrap value. Which is my next question what is a rough scrap value?  I'm mechanically inclined so I wont mind a project unless it dont make sense dollars wise with the parts I may stick in to it.

post-9157-0-87312400-1410349646_thumb.jpg

post-9157-0-47474700-1410349691_thumb.jpg

As far as a value, if it cools and everything else seems to work on it. I would offer $100 . The bill acceptor may just be something simple like cleaned or it could need to be replaced and that could be upwards of $250 for a new one or you could buy refurbished and save some money. The jams could be a few different things ,motors bad,sensors bad, or maybe something simple. Motors and sensors can be changed easy and cost between $40-$50 a piece. I would ask them to read you the information on the tag on the side of the machine that will tell you the make and model. The machine weighs about 700-800 lbs so you can figure the scrap.

Hop this helps

Don

That is a Vendo V475 and should have late model motors with green or black cams on the motors.  It's 79" tall so it will be very heavy and cumbersome to move, not that the 72" version is any less cumbersome.  The jammed columns are probably caused by worn out gate links which are easy to replace.  The bill validator looks like an old, obsolete Maka so you will want to upgrade that.  The real key is whether the machine gets cold.  Have them plug it in two hours before you look at it.  If it's cold when you see it then the compressor is fine.  I would offer whatever cash gets it in your hands and buy it as it won't take too much to get it location ready. 

If you need parts for it you can PM me as I have them in stock.

Is this an outdoor rated machine?  For a new bill validator and a couple gate links how much would I be in to it?  He said it stays cold should I take a temp gun along and be looking for a certain temp?

I tryed to PM you but your box is full or something.

I sent you a PM with the pricing for the parts.  Just have them run it for the two hours beforehand and you can either use a temp gun or put a thermometer in the machine and close the door a wait a few minutes.  The usual temperature is between 38 and 42 degrees.

Archived