FCVG Questionnaire / Susan G Komen

Big Mike

The area depends on the needs of the corporation and your ability to provide the service. The sgk program is separate from all other Fcvg activities. One might only be involved in the sgk. program or more activities, again it depends on the needs of the corporation and ones ability to provide the service. You are responsible for finding your own locations although the Fcvg does have a list of locators that have worked well for members.

The Fcvg is s group of operators that have gotten together to provide nationwide coverage just like other vend managrment entities like pelican or nen, but the Fcvg is operator owned. There strict codes of conduct and requiremts just like a hither vms.

The corporation isn't going to tell you anything in detail until it knows who you are. There is an application process and as you go through the process you make assurances that you are not a felon, have insurance, agree to a non compete, can actually do the work (are who you say you are).

You don't need to stay on my good side Rick. It is my job to find new members for the FCVG when needed and it will be my job to get new vendors involved in the SGK program once it is up and running for non FCVG members. On a personal level I do not appreciate being called a liar.

You have asked me one question in a thread and I replied. Here is the link: http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/20722-opportunity-is-knocking-again/

Your PM to me asked for information so you could make the decision if you wanted to join the SGK program. For you to make a desision it will require detailed information that I do not have yet. 

I have not read all replies to this thread yet but..... If there is anything else you would like to know I will be happy to answer you. 

Mike

It does, thanks Hillbilly. Does the FCVG actively provide you locations and do you pay a % commission or per location? Do you agree to do anything for them in return? How big is the territory and do you have to do the surveys in your area. The idea of being part of a larger group of vendors that approach their business with a level of professionalism appeals to me.

Rick, All of our PMs have been about the SGK Non FCVG member roll out. I have been stalling because I am waiting on the detailed information I need to move forward. I participate in the SGK program. I do not know if the costs of the program will be the same for me as they will be for you. Are we going to offer the SGK program as a franchise territory? Or a per card basis? I know what my recommendations to the BOD at our last meeting were but I have to wait for final approval.

To answer you questions above. FCVG members have a assigned territory. All accounts within that territory will become the FCVG members.  We do look for replacement members on occasion when someone retires or look to add new members if a member want to operate a smaller territory. 

My territory covers 3/4 of one state and 1/2 of another. Others are much smaller depending on account density. 

We offer account services. Our charity collection clients pay a flat fee per location serviced. Our survey clients also pay a flat fee per survey. Our bulk vending works the same as any other. You provide the equipment and service and the location gets the commission. 

Mike

"Not true Big Mike."

I have relied to Rick every time he has contacted me. I did not have the specific information he needed to make his decision about joining the SGK program.

Rick did ask me a question on the open forum and I replied. Link above. 

I am a Charter member of this forum. I have always been a member in good standing and have made financial contributions. When I had the opportunity to bring my Vendiscuss friends into the FCVG I did. I am now trying to make sure Vendiscuss members have the first chance at the SGK program once the FCVG offers it to non members. 

​When someone claims your statements are not true they are calling you a liar Steve. I guess if some people take that lightly that is ok.

I do not. 

Mike

Well this didn't go how I wanted it to.  I'm a big jerk.  All I wanted was some more information (which was provided in musser's post #27 and Mike's post #30).  You keep asking are we talking about SGK or FCVG, and that's what I'm trying to say.  I don't know how to answer that because I didn't know there was a difference between the two or how they may be connected to each other.  I literally did not know anything about them. Now I have the information I was looking for in regards to what my role would be as an operator, territory and who would be responsible for what.  Regardless, I'm pretty sure I've burned a bridge here and don't have to worry about it anyway.  I want to publicly apologize to Big Mike.  It wasn't my intention to insinuate you're a liar.  It was your perception that you've always been available and answered questions about the FCVG via PM. I still disagree with that but, I do NOT think you're a liar.  Sorry Mike.

No bridges have been burned. As with most conflicts on this board it can be seen from both sides once you look back.

Moving forward. SGK is a bulk vending charity program developed by the FCVG. It was only available to our members. We have decided it would be very beneficial to the charity to expand the program to other vendors. (This is what I thought you were talking about Rick) In order to move forward we have to insure we are operating within the agreed terms with SGK. Once we have that in hand I hope that many of you on Vendiscuss can take advantage of this great program.

The past severl post also answerd some confusion I was having. I thought I saw some where the the program was up and running. I didn't know it was still being worked on and now it's more clear why we have not been given info. Once the program is ready to roll please let the info flow because there are operators eager to support Susan G. We have never ran a charity route but can really get behind this cause. My guys are used to placing racks,cranes and amusments so not a doubt in my mind they can bang out good charity spots.

The past severl post also answerd some confusion I was having. I thought I saw some where the the program was up and running. I didn't know it was still being worked on and now it's more clear why we have not been given info. Once the program is ready to roll please let the info flow because there are operators eager to support Susan G. We have never ran a charity route but can really get behind this cause. My guys are used to placing racks,cranes and amusments so not a doubt in my mind they can bang out good charity spots.

If you need help with charity shouts, let me know. We will more than likely come down a little on cost for the SGK and FCVG.

Breast cancer had been good for locations. Bigger accounts get bigger price cuts.

Shameless plug, just trying to help!

It is a great charity though. If you look at their rating and where they spend their money, it's good. A little high for the CEO, bit you have to pay good too get good quality.

Archived