Genesis Go-127

I feel like that statement is so confusing, potentially misleading, and vague that it would take a refrigeration expert to have an idea of what he's talking about.  I mean, is he saying that it DOES cool?  When he says "If it cools, it's fine until it tries to restart", is he saying that it is physically COOLING or that the compressor is running?  Cooling only happens when everything else happens as it should, but the compressor may still run.

With my limited refrigeration knowledge, it sounds almost as though the machine is low on freon or the evaporator fan isn't working and it's causing the deck to freeze up.  If this happens, and it freezes over the thermostat, the thermostat is going to read that it's FREEZING cold inside and shut off until the ice melts.  However... saying that "it won't restart" is just confusing in itself.  Is he saying that, once the compressor shuts off, it won't come on again EVER or until the machine is plugged in again??  Or is he saying that the compressor just shuts off for a long period of time.

I'm convinced that he's describing a bad evaporator fan or a deck that is low on freon and icing over the thermostat.  That statement just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  I suppose it could be an overload problem too... causing the overload to shut the compressor off when it gets too hot.  If that were the case, the compressor should run until it gets too hot, shut off, and run again until it gets too hot again.  

He needs to verify that the deck isn't freezing up anywhere... and that means he has to physically LOOK at the evaporator to make sure there is no obvious problem.

It sounds like you may have a hard starting compressor, unless it only runs for a minute or so before it shuts off.  If the condenser fan continues to run when the compressor turns off then that is an internal compressor problem.  If it's only hard to start but runs a full cooling cycle once it does start then you can get some extra life out of it with a hard start kit. 

PM me if you need a hard start kit for it.

Archived