Credit Card 501E Coke

Robcamaro

I bought an mei 4 in1 credit card bezel that attaches to the front of the validator. But the machine (501e coke style) currently uses a compact bezel. If I remove the compact bezel frame the hole is then too big for the new bezel. Any thoughts?

There is no difference in the size of the door opening for the compact bezel vs. the 4 in 1 bezel.  They both will attach to the inside of the door with the same 4 nuts in the same locations and both will require a standard validator opening in the door, which all newer machines have.  Remember that the compact bezel has the two flashing arrows on it, so is it really a compact bezel that you're removing?  Are you maybe removing a bracket that has filled the opening from a previous POS (point of sale) window?  If so, then removing only the validator from the door should leave the POS bracket so that the new validator can be mounted.

Perhaps you need to better explain what you mean by the "compact bezel frame" and describe what "hole is then too big for the new bezel."

Posting photos would really help.

I agree with Randy.  Are you referring to the cutout (the square opening where the bezel is exposed to the customer)?  As randy said, those cutouts are pretty much universal and any modern validator bezel should fit in it.  A compact, 4-in-1, snack, or bottle bezel should all fit in that exact same cutout.  It sounds like you are doing something wrong.

If you aren't referring to the cutout, you need to explain what the "hole" is that you are referring to.

Archived