Questions about a Selectivend soda machine.

dperry203

I have a Selectivend cb500 I Believe with the 10 soda display on the front. I bought it new about 2 years ago. First question. I have always kept it in doors and it is in perfect condition. But have thought about putting it outside recently. Would this effect the value of the machine? I always felt keeping it inside would keep it from depreciating. Is this the case?

Also I used to vend 16.9 oz bottles and switched it to cans. But the cans always fall over and jam the machine. I tried adjusting the legs so the machine would slightly lean back and keep the cans from falling forward and this helped a little but the cans still fall over after a few vends. Any idea how to prevent this? Thanks for any help!

That machine is not outdoor rated! Do not put it outside!

As for the cans, you need to adjust the spacers and set the machine for cans. I'm not sure about changing anything else. They should only fall over if there is a gap though and that should be caused by not having the spacer or the gate in place.

You can't stop the loss of value with any vending machine.  They lose value as soon as they are used and what you think it's worth when you sell it doesn't matter if you can't find a buyer to pay it.  It's ALWAYS a buyer's market because there are far more machines for sale than there are buyers.  Now if the machine was outside where it got rusty or vandalized, then you will damage the resale value but if it just gets filthy, dirt can always be washed out of it.

While the machine is not outdoor rated, you can have it outdoors where it would never come in contact with water.  As long as it doesn't get wet from rain, snow, hail, flooding, sideways rain or hosing off a sidewalk it should be fine.  You would, however, always be liable for any injury from the machine if it's in the wrong environment.

The vending problem means you haven't paid proper attention to the setup directions for 12 oz cans.  Each column can hold cans 2 deep and if in the front, you must adjust the front gate or if in the back you must adjust the rear product wall.  You will then change the can/bottle setting in the programming to can so the machine will operate knowing that the selection has cans 2 deep in it.  That will affect the reloading process.  Read the setup guide on the inner door or in your manual.  You can download the manual from VendnetUSA.com.

I will take a look at it and the Manuel. Didn't know cans could be two deep or the front and back walls could adjust. I stacked cans straight up like I did the bottles. However I did change the settings to cans. But I guess I know what it takes so long to vend now since it didn't have both rows of cans. Thank you guys very much!

Archived