Bevmax 4 Help!

BBVendors

*Disclaimer* This is a long post and I have very limited knowledge of the Bevmax line. My terminology may differ from what an experienced service tech may use.

I have a Bevmax 4 that is not vending. The vend cup will go to desired selection but the picker will be too far above the actuator causing the the picker to partially hit the actuator and the selection shelf. Thus resulting in the actuator not allowing the drink to fully vend into the cup. The drink will then be partially resting at the selection and will fall to the bottom of the machine because the elevator arm either moves to the delivery bend or goes to it's home position knocking the drink to the bottom. I have verified that the shelf positioning is correct in the service mode. I can go into the test mode and perform various vend tests and it will do the same thing. BUT here's the kicker. I can back out of the test mode, turn machine off, turn it back on, perform test vends, and it works perfectly fine. Plunger is hitting the actuators on the correct places perfectly on every selection I test. I clear out of test mode, shut door, and test machine with money, and it goes back to having the same problem as described before. It seems as if the machine is losing it's settings after I close the door. I don't know if that's possible but that's the best way I know how to describe it. Could it possibly be a bad logic board? If anyone can steer me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Sorry for the double post. Mods please delete as necessary.

Did you go through the Bev 4 troubleshooting guide, particularly items 1 and 2?  That part of the guide deals with picker cup issues such as the plunger hitting the shelf, or chassis as they call it.  They mention a sticky plunger, out of level cabinet or shelf, incorrect shelf offset, whether the issue is on one selection, one shelf or multiple shelves, a harness connection, incorrect software, a problem with the X motor, etc.

I think the reason you can get it to work and then it goes out of whack again could be a problem with the X/Y motors that get out of adjustment.  It could even be that a sensor is incorrectly counting the location of the picker cup and after a couple of vends the count is off again.

Start by inspecting the bottom home switch often they get full of soda and get sticky.

The machine starts counting its position after the switch opens if the robot moves an inch before the gummy switch opens, the robot will stop an inch to high.

Walta

I believe Walta nailed it. The bottom home switch was very gummy. I sprayed a liberal amount of electrical contact cleaner and worked it repeatedly to free it up. It loosened up a good bit. So far, so good. Although it's working as of now I'm still going to replace it. Thanks for input everyone.

Walta is correct........... I have in the past took the cup off and taken it to a sink and washed it out with warm water to get rid of the syrup. They aren't hard to remove and once you shack the water out and let dry for a few minutes it will be fine. 

Archived