future of coin/bill only machines.

tasty

Hi, I am newbie here and buying a existing route which has all the old and can-only soda machines. sometimes I wonder if I should start with card reader machines, because they are more convenience, and more potential. don't you think that coin/bill only vending is trending down? I like vending business but I don't want to jump on the ship that is sinking, I rather pay more and wait longer for my right entrance. am I thinking ok?

is it worth to spend $300each on reader in a account that only generate $200 in monthly sales? don't you think these low volume accounts won't loss business because of not accepting cards?

Credit card readers will not salvage a slow account.  If that's what you're looking for then your only recourse to increase sales is to find a better location.  Card readers will give a small sales lift but generally no more than 10-20%.  There are a few locations where cards do make a difference such as any location with 20 somethings only, such as an Apple Store.  I had to remove a card reader for repair in an Apple Store breakroom and in the week that the machine was cash-only it did about $20.  The machine normally did over $100/wk when the card reader was installed, but this type of account is rare.  Cash operated machines are not trending down, vending overall is trending down.  Don't confuse the two.  All you can do is remove any barriers for payment, but you won't see any change in slow accounts.

Archived