Arizona Tea in a Vendo 480

SodaJerk

Hi Everyone!

Last night I tried to put Arizona Green Tea into one of the selections for me Vendo 480. The 16oz bottles and 11.5oz cans were both getting caught in the cam when it came time for the motor to kick in for a refill (I tested with bottles first then emptied and tried with the cans).

Am I having this issue because the bottles and cans are too narrow? Is tried the bottles head to butt and butt to butt and had the same result. Is there anything else I can try to get the bottles or cans to work or am I outta luck on this one?

11.5 oz cans require the same setup as 12 oz cans. The 16 oz bottles require a can shim on the right side of the column and then one grey clip on the gage bar next to the high side of the bar. The gage bar gets set in the middle of the the three positions. Adjust your rear spacer so that with the products pushed against the spacer you can still get your finger between the sold out paddle and the front product.

Thanks for the info!

I ended up putting Hawaiian Punch 12oz cans in for now until I have more time to figure this out. After loading the cans in I noticed they are sitting a little lower in its column than the other 12oz cans in the other columns (Coke, Dr Pepper, etc.).

I have the rear spacer set where the other 12oz spacers are set and the guage bar in the middle with white clips on the bar in the same spots as the other 12oz products.

Hopefully everything works out but my worry is with the Hawaiian Punch cans sitting lower than the other product that I may be having the same problem.

I guess I will know in a day or two!

Thanks again!

Ry

There's something else going on there if the cans in that column do actually sit lower than in others.  That could mean that the gate on the left of the column isn't working properly which would also mean that you will have a column jam on one of the first three vends.  You mentioned before that the products were jamming in that column and it could all be related to the gate not working.  There is a plastic link behind the motor that has one end riding on an eccentric cam on the front of the rotor and then it's also attached to the gate so that the gate will open and close at the appropriate times.  That link might be broken.

Let me know if you need anything to fix this.

Well after some head scratching and lots of staring I realized the shim panel above the cam was NOT in place. I had forgotten than I removed it when I used the column for 20oz Gatorade. Whoops!! Amazing how stuff works when it's setup correctly.

Thank you all for helping out and keeping me sane =)

Archived