Vendo Vue 40 HELP

gdevine

I have a Vue 40 that has worked flawlessly for 6 months. I know I was lucky.   I found a drink in the hand that would not release. Error shows PDC not available please check cable.  

Found exposed wires in the IGUS cable.  Replaced that cable still got same error.  So replaced the hand.  Still same message.  So I replaced the ribbon cable. After I replaced the ribbon cable the hand would move side to side in test mode, but would not go up and down.  I did hear a high pitch sound and noticed as if the rail wanted to go up because it lurched for a second.  But will not travel the Y axis. Error message now did not show PDC error but showed Y motor jam.  So I replaced the Y motor.  After replacing the Y motor I got the exact same result and exact same error Y motor jam.  

I think the the Y motor is running reverse and that why its jamming.  It appears that it is trying to go down not up. I actually see the axle bind for a half second then relax then 15-20 seconds try again.

Anyone have any ideas what to do next.  The Voodoo 40 is once again living up to its name.

I called Vendo support today and they claim that it is probably the main power supply messing up.  It supposedly reverses polarity.  this can be checked by pin 11 being negative and pin 12 +.  If it checks out like that it is reversed polarity and the power supply needs to be replaced.  He (support) thinks that what it is.  I have not checked it yet cause I don't have an extra power supply with me.  A friend might have one and is going to check it out.  Ill let you know if he finds the problem, and in the meantime I'll keep my fingers crossed.  

That makes perfect sense and sounds like a fairly common occurrence since tech support was familiar with that possibility.  Get yourself a voltmeter and check it yourself.  The scale should be DC volts in the 100 scale or so.  If you don't get a reading then it could be AC volts.  Let me know if you need the power supply and I can ship one to you.

Did you happen to find what the voltages should be on Pin 11 and 12.  Is it VDC or VAC.  and I am assuming that VDC would be in reference to ground?

Thanks

Travis

The voltage is suppose to be either 24 or 34dc.  Tech thought it might be 24v.  I have not checked yet.

If you're talking about power from the supply then each output is a specific voltage +/- 1 or 2 volts. There won't be any output that will vary between 24 and 34 volts so the tech may have meant that he wasn't sure of which output to check.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the Voodoo 40:  I put a known working power supply from Vue 40 into the machine that supposedly has a reversed polarity polarity supply.  Did not make any difference what so ever.  The rail is still attempting  to go down when in the home position.

So to recap I have changed out 1. IGUS cable  2. Ribbon cable.  3. The Hand.  4. The Y motor. 5. The Power supply.

The initial problem started where I found the hand with a drink in it, and would not release the drink to chute.  Error showed PDC error cable not connected. I found insualtion stripped on the IGUS cable, so I ordered a new cable and installed it.  Still got same error.  I replaced the hand (PDC) same error.  I replaced the ribbon cable.  the error did not show. I could get the PDC now to travel along X axis but the rail wanted to go down and would not travel up.  I replaced the Y motor.  Same result rail wants to go down only.  Replaced the POWER SuPPLY, same stinking result,, rail wants to go down.

I don't know what else to do.  I don't think Tech support has anything else to add.  I asked them if it could be the board Main board and they said no.

Anyone have any idea?

Update on the Voodoo 40:  I put a known working power supply from Vue 40 into the machine that supposedly has a reversed polarity polarity supply.  Did not make any difference what so ever.  The rail is still attempting  to go down when in the home position.

So to recap I have changed out 1. IGUS cable  2. Ribbon cable.  3. The Hand.  4. The Y motor. 5. The Power supply.

The initial problem started where I found the hand with a drink in it, and would not release the drink to chute.  Error showed PDC error cable not connected. I found insualtion stripped on the IGUS cable, so I ordered a new cable and installed it.  Still got same error.  I replaced the hand (PDC) same error.  I replaced the ribbon cable.  the error did not show. I could get the PDC now to travel along X axis but the rail wanted to go down and would not travel up.  I replaced the Y motor.  Same result rail wants to go down only.  Replaced the POWER SuPPLY, same stinking result,, rail wants to go down.

I don't know what else to do.  I don't think Tech support has anything else to add.  I asked them if it could be the board Main board and they said no.

Anyone have any idea?

Keep it up - pretty soon you'll have a complete new machine  :blink:

First to the basics:  have you checked your power in to the machine for proper polarity and for any leakage to the ground?  There could be voltage leaking in the supply circuit and feeding back into your machine ground.  Also check for a damaged power cord that could be causing this where it might have been damaged.  Next:  have you tried replacing the main logic board?  The frayed harness you first replaced could have caused damage to the logic board.

• 3 years later...

Help I have a Vendo Vue 40 been working fine for a few weeks now the bucket stays open with the message checking hopper flap and bucket I have tried the test for the optical sensors no joy just shows 000 does not change at all. I then purchased new sensors still the same have checked  continuity  All ok and voltage is fine between 26-29 volts. Please can someone help. 

Thanks 

Please don't be one of THOSE forum members that dredges up old threads by tacking onto the end of them.  Your post could have been created to stand on its own.  You are finding out why most vendors shun this model of machine.  This won't be the only issue you have with it.  Since I don't care to read through the manual for you right now I'm posting it here:  https://www.dsvendinginc.com/images/pdf-manuals/v1.pdf

Archived