Price of route

pfesnack

Looking at a route with 22 machines, 12 locations, half personal owned, half bottler owned. looks to be approx $2,400/mo sales total. snacks and drinks combination. many of the drinks are bottler owned, all snacks are owned by current owner.

Some of the locations are a little far for me to service, thought about possibly selling a few off, just wanted to get any opinions, thanks!

Looking at a route with 22 machines, 12 locations, half personal owned, half bottler owned. looks to be approx $2,400/mo sales total. snacks and drinks combination. many of the drinks are bottler owned, all snacks are owned by current owner.

Some of the locations are a little far for me to service, thought about possibly selling a few off, just wanted to get any opinions, thanks!

Walk away - these accounts are the seller's ":bottom feeders".  $200 a month per location isn't squat for two machines.  When purchasing existing routes, it's quite common to find people attempting to "off" their under performing locations like these.  FYI - don't touch anything that won't do at least $400 a month with two machines.

I don't agree with moondog. I'll take $200/month but I'm not going to pay an arm and a leg either.

Chris, I highly doubt that a $200 a month account would come anywhere close to satisfying the bottler quota.  I just can't see what the OP is going to do with all that extra soda he paid a premium for and can't sell unless he already has a lot more soda machines out there that he owns.  This smells like a recipe for disaster for a newbie.

Thats a lot of horrible locations... at least you won't have to worry about other vendors going after those accounts lol. I'd offer 2-3k max. Youd be doing them a favor it would cost them a lot to close their doors in moving/storage. Be careful on this one..

Price was over $15k and it just didn't seem to be possible to hit all the locations. i offered to buy just the locations on my side of the county but was deined. I understand the owner was just trying to get out of it. Problem i see is CL is the only place i really see routes for sale. Is there a good resource you all recommend for finding routes for sale? This was very disappointing..

Price was over $15k and it just didn't seem to be possible to hit all the locations. i offered to buy just the locations on my side of the county but was deined. I understand the owner was just trying to get out of it. Problem i see is CL is the only place i really see routes for sale. Is there a good resource you all recommend for finding routes for sale? This was very disappointing..

You'll probably look at many routes before you find one that's worth buying.  Don't be disappointed, 15K for that pile of garbage was ridiculous - that guy is just looking for a sucker to offload all his weak accounts on.  And yes, Cl is probably your only source but you need to be diligent as the good deals will be snapped up quickly.  Don't be deterred by traveling 20 miles for a good account, it'll be worth it.  The ones in that route aren't worth owning at any price even if they were next door.

In all fairness, if the accounts TRULY did $2400/month, then $15,000 sounds like a total reasonable asking price.. but yes, you'll end up doing a lot of running around and taking care of older machines and not making a ton of money... but that's how a lot of us start off.

The big question is.. did these accounts truly make $2400/month or was that highly exaggerated.

I have no issues with you turning down this route.  You would probably be better off starting with a few soda machines and working your way up.  That way, you'll never get burnt real bad from the beginning if you decide that vending isn't for you.

Archived