Sheridan Systems - Mint Box Locators

Janiceb

• 1 month later...

Everyone I talked to doesn't feel comfortable talking in the open forum about their experience because the buy the boxes from there and are worried about adverse reaction. I would message them individually that have tried.

It hasn't gone well. Even with considering the discounted rate of having someone in the Philippines do the work, it didn't pay off.  

We didn't use Sheridan, we used Rodney. We ended up pulling all the boxes. Way too many issues with shortages, no fault of Rodney's. We've tried various ideas, but it's just not economical in justifying to keep. Just that I believe we live in an era now where there is no "honor", or very little of it to so the least. Hope others have better success with this.

I expected to have the same results as veteran78 but was stoked to see the return on investment. Turned down a couple of accounts that Rodney sent maybe 3 or 4 at most and lost a couple 3 or 4 also and only have 2 that i would consider replacing right now.  Gonna continue to grow honor box route partly cause my wife is comfortable servicing them and I know if I'm busy with something else she can take care of a day here or there of honor boxes.

I expected to have the same results as veteran78 but was stoked to see the return on investment. Turned down a couple of accounts that Rodney sent maybe 3 or 4 at most and lost a couple 3 or 4 also and only have 2 that i would consider replacing right now.  Gonna continue to grow honor box route partly cause my wife is comfortable servicing them and I know if I'm busy with something else she can take care of a day here or there of honor boxes.

Same here. There has been a couple of times I've been busy and my wife as her sister ran them for me.

As far as shortages, they are usually a little short on money. You have to look at it a little different. I put 100 mints in each box. Anything over $7.00 is profit. Mine are usually between 20.00 and 30. Some times I'll ran a box and it may only have 7 or 8.00 dollars in it. I'll think about pulling it next time. Go there next time and it may have 30.00 in it. There's no figuring it out.

So just wondering tecman, although you have pulled 20, do you still think the total ($800) was worth it in the long run?

Also, Veteran's experience seems to conflict with most who are doing the mint boxes and has left a bad taste in his mouth. Could one assume it's possibly the area of the country? One would assume that shortages in a market like, say, Detroit, would be much different than in a smaller Midwestern

city?

My routes provided by Rodney started out awesome, and I mean awesome. Had some that produced $250-$300 per month, which abruptly ended. Others were a hit and miss and slowly started to degrade and just didn't make sense economically to continue. I thought that we lived in a decent area, as folks this area as the "bible belt." I wish what we experienced initially continued.

So just wondering tecman, although you have pulled 20, do you still think the total ($800) was worth it in the long run?

Also, Veteran's experience seems to conflict with most who are doing the mint boxes and has left a bad taste in his mouth. Could one assume it's possibly the area of the country? One would assume that shortages in a market like, say, Detroit, would be much different than in a smaller Midwestern
city?

My routes provided by Rodney started out awesome, and I mean awesome. Had some that produced $250-$300 per month, which abruptly ended. Others were a hit and miss and slowly started to degrade and just didn't make sense economically to continue. I thought that we lived in a decent area, as folks this area as the "bible belt." I wish what we experienced initially continued.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, Veteran78.  Rodney has also done a super job for me and my boxes fluctuate as to how they do, with only a couple I had to pull because of shrinkage.  I hope it stays this way after hearing that your boxes started out well, and then declined.  I have had the experience as the others have said, one service I'm discouraged, but then the next time I'm pleasantly surprised.  I am sort of picky about the zips I place boxes in as well, there are some areas I refuse to place boxes in.

I have  been doing honor boxes since Sept. 2012.  I started out with 125 locations and then added another 125 about 4 months later after I figured out how to run the route and cleaned it up before I added the next 125 locations.  After these 125 locations were cleaned up I added another 125 and cleaned those up.  Today I have just finished up this round of servicing and have picked up another 8-10 locations that have done very little plus out of the blue I lost one of my better locations $40+/month.  Everybody has to remember this is a work in progress.  There is always something to do with honor boxes whether it is placing boxes that are sitting around, picking up bad locations or even scouting out new locations..  Basically what I'm saying is that you get out what you put in.  Yes there will be months that sales are down (like right now it's summertime and many people go on vacation and there will be times when sales will be up.

I have  been doing honor boxes since Sept. 2012.  I started out with 125 locations and then added another 125 about 4 months later after I figured out how to run the route and cleaned it up before I added the next 125 locations.  After these 125 locations were cleaned up I added another 125 and cleaned those up.  Today I have just finished up this round of servicing and have picked up another 8-10 locations that have done very little plus out of the blue I lost one of my better locations $40+/month.  Everybody has to remember this is a work in progress.  There is always something to do with honor boxes whether it is placing boxes that are sitting around, picking up bad locations or even scouting out new locations..  Basically what I'm saying is that you get out what you put in.  Yes there will be months that sales are down (like right now it's summertime and many people go on vacation and there will be times when sales will be up.

That's a great post! From what I've learned and what you've mentioned before, is that it's not like bulk where you can let it go for an extra week or 3. You have to work it and stay on top of it.

Vending in general is actually work, you do get out what you put in!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just joined the forum as I thought the content is great and I have already gotten some great information here reading.  I am sorry if this is slightly off topic, but I just tried to order the acrylic honor boxes from Sheridan on Monday but they said they were out for about 4 weeks.  I use the HD800 acrylic box and I really like the design.  I concentrate on bars and restaurants where the box can be placed by the register or at/near the hostess stand.  I have looked at several websites with boxes but I have not seen anything I like for the money and the size.  Does anyone know of other places to get something more similar to the Sheridan design?  I like doing business with them and plan to continue, but I had planned on getting another 24 boxes on Monday and had plans for the biz expansion goals.  I like the money that honor boxes generate and I like donating money to my charity.  Its a win/win.  I had planned to expand 10 - 12 box locations this month and my son was planning the same for August.  I have been brain storming trying to search the internet to find a possible alternate source for boxes and found this forum.  I was shocked at how well the honor boxes do and thus my expansion goals. 

Does anyone have any suggestions to get something similar to the Sheridan HD800 or HD950?

I am looking to get rid of 5 unopened "Land a Quarter" games that I purchased from Sheridan. I never got the time to locate them and now I work full time so I have no use for them. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Maybe you should post this in the classified section. There is no charge to place a classified ad.

Archived