Vendo 118/214

We have an oldie that worked fine. The vend motors stopped working. The cooling is fine.  We think the thing is too old to provide a test mode without any drinks loaded. It accepts coins but doesn't vend. Maybe the best thing is junking. Any ideas welcome. 

If that machine has lowering shelves inside the wide columns instead of rotors then you should junk it.  There are no parts for them and chasing problems in them is time consuming.

We have an oldie that worked fine. The vend motors stopped working. The cooling is fine.  We think the thing is too old to provide a test mode without any drinks loaded. It accepts coins but doesn't vend. Maybe the best thing is junking. Any ideas welcome. 

If it's a Vendo junking it is your best option just save the chill deck.  I've got a few newer ones with working motors (today) that I'm tempted junk just because I hate them so bad  ;D  ;D  ;D

Vendo used cheap cherry switches on their vend motors. The switch hasn't got a spring. Instead they used spring copper for the switch. A power surge or a motor jam will stress the copper in that switch and it no longer has any spring left in it. Try vending all selections manually by depressing the switch located in notch on each motor. If they all vend then switches are ok. If you find one switch that won't activate the motor then you will need to replace it. While you are at it you might want to replace all of them. Once one switch has been stressed then all of them have been and it is just a mater of time till you will have to replace them all. Like every week another will go bad. 

Vendo used cheap cherry switches on their vend motors. The switch hasn't got a spring. Instead they used spring copper for the switch. A power surge or a motor jam will stress the copper in that switch and it no longer has any spring left in it. Try vending all selections manually by depressing the switch located in notch on each motor. If they all vend then switches are ok. If you find one switch that won't activate the motor then you will need to replace it. While you are at it you might want to replace all of them. Once one switch has been stressed then all of them have been and it is just a mater of time till you will have to replace them all. Like every week another will go bad. 

Thank you Roger, I was wondering why I could never seem to get my Vendos fixed and now I know that along with all their other plastic parts, they use cheap switches.  Very soon now I won't have any more Vendos and I can't wait !!!

Archived