Dixie Narco 276E

This machine was set up for 20 oz bottles when I purchased it, I switched it over to cans with one column 

vending 8.4 oz Red Bull cans. After I installed kit I ran only a small stack thru machine and it vended ok.

Now it's on location with a full column of red bull it is jamming when the rotor rotate to fill cup, very first can

drops and jams between rotor and left side wall.

All shims are in place, thin shim left side, with shim on right side, along with column filler hanging on right wall.

No slack in rotor and motor. It don't jam consistently, it will vend six cans and then jam, or vend three cans

then jam.

cajun 

So it is jamming on the load? Not on the vend? Makes me think that the stainless anti theft tab might be bent holding up the can. Or rotor is bent slightly. Could also be back spacer set to tight or to loose. Years ago I had a similar problem on a old dn that a tech had changed out a motor on this old can machine. He replaced a red cam motor with a gray cam motor and afterwards it would jam all the time. I finally figured out that the red cam turned slower and would allow more time for the can to drop in cup. The gray was faster and would turn faster catching the can and jamming it. 

Maybe switching motors around would do the trick. 

Thanks Roger.

Yes, jamming first can on the load, if it would do it every load I would suspect a bent rotor.

Will go back today and recheck everything again.

I have the same setup in a second 276E and it works fine.

I do have a spare motor, will bring it and swap motors after checking everything.

cajun 

This could also be the rotor itself in that the front D shaped slot where the rotor engages the motor shaft can get rounded out causing excess movement one or on both ways of the rotor.  In that case a new rotor is the only fix.

That is the first thing I checked AZ, the D shaped slot where rotor and motor connect, no slop there.

This was a used Pepsi machine and like a used car until you get all the bugs worked out.

I should have put a complete stack of Red Bull to test it.

My fault.

Thanks!

cajun

Problem is fixed!

Motor!

Replaced motor for that column with a spare and now it works properly!

I vended the whole column out without a jam!

Thanks everybody!

cajun

Archived