AP Snackshop

btvends

I have an AP Snackshop on location. I believe it's a 4000, could be a 5000. It will vend with coins but not with a dollar bill. When a bill is inserted it is held in escrow. It shows the credit but when a selection is pressed it returns the bill and cancels the credit. Also, this is the only machine I have that does not stack the bill until a bill is inserted for the next purchase. I have swapped out the mech and the VN2501 but with the same results. Any thoughts on a remedy?

Check that you actually have prices set in the machine.  If it has lost them then reset them all.  If it loses them again then you'll need to replace the board.  I can send a replacement if needed.

A AP 4000 wasn't built with a bill validator. When they have a bill validator like a mars escrow is set by a aftermarket controller. You will need to check your prices and also make sure coin mech has at least nickels and quarters in mech. A bad coin tube sensor can prevent bill validator from accepting bills. I have seen validators do this and it ends up especially mars the validator is defective.

If you find the prices have reset to zero you have a bad backup battery on the board. AP 7000 has no back up battery and prices are saved on static ram. If it won't hold prices it will have to be repaired.

AP 7000 escrow is set by main controller. there are 2 switches on the board that do this. AP 7000 are more prone to showing a credit and then returning bill than the AP 4000. Many times it is a defective bill validator or a bad coin mech don't always assume the coin mech you just put in is good just because it has been repaired. Also make sure coin mech is plugged in correctly. If it isn't it can do the same thing. Bad wiring harness on bill validator will also do the same thing. 

On repaired coin mech and validators. Some repair centers put a 6 mo to 1 year warranty of their repairs I have a customer that when he gets his repaired coin mechs and validators back takes them back and installs them in the machine he took them out of. Reason being it doesn't sit on shelf till the warranty expires and he knows then he has a good spare. I thought that was pretty slick idea. It reduces cost to some extent. 

When posting make sure you are giving the correct model of your vendor. It will help in determining what problem you are having due to the different makers. 

Thanks rmorris1953 and AZVendor for your input. Turns out it was a bad validator. Replacement validator needs to be serviced also, as it did not remedy the situation. Borrowed parts from a functioning machine that is not in use for the summer. Started with the validator and that solved the problem. Machine is actually a 6000. Time to update my machine inventory!! Note to AZVendor - could just need a battery replacement on the 4000 board if it is losing prices due to the power is being turned off.  

Archived