Air leak experience

so I had a first time problem with one of my machines. I got a call around 6 p.m. Thursday night that a machine was leaking water out of the bottom. I arrived around 9 p.m. to see all the water at the bottom of the machine. the drain pan was completely full of water and the chute was completely dry. I quickly concluded that I had an air leak problem. upon looking for the obvious signs of moisture going through any door seals or maybe the delivery door, I finally noticed the crumble to pieces of gum laying around the bottom of the tank. after a quick Google search, I went to Home Depot or I bought some duct sealant and now I'm going to my account to take care of the air leak problem. I just wanted to share this problem because it is such a simple fix if you have the right material but it is such a pain to noy actually have the gum when you need it

It seems  every Vendo I own has a problem with the inner door top corner seal being messed up by previous owner.

With amount of humidity down here, it makes the pan over flow and freezes up the evaporator core with ice!

Dealt with my Vendo 840 with this problem today!

Have a great weekend everybody!

cajun

It seems  every Vendo I own has a problem with the inner door top corner seal being messed up by previous owner.

With amount of humidity down here, it makes the pan over flow and freezes up the evaporator core with ice!

And the original damage to the door seal was almost always caused by someone not leveling the machine properly. Then the inner door stuck inside the frame, and they pried it open.

To prevent the inner door from hanging up when opening there is a tab at the bottom of door it sits on. Bend that tab up so door is tight. It makes it tight and more difficult to open the inner door but if you place your right foot at the bottom of door after opening and then pull the knob on the inner door it won't bind up and opens real easy. Just push with right and pull on inner door. Easy

Archived