Different price for coke

Hi Guys, just wanted your thoughts on running coke at higher pricing than other soft drinks (cans).I am vending downunder and coke/cokezero is about 60% of all can sales. A lot of people run all cans at the same price but coke costs on average .15c per can more for me to buy. To keep my profit margin I need to run coke at a different price point. I could just put up all can prices but I was thinking it may look better just putting up coke. The prices I am running are competitive but it is starting to get a bit slim. Just like to hear your thoughts on the subject.  

I would raise all can prices and simply state that your can costs have gone up to qualify the price increase.  The customers don't need to know that only Coke is higher and pretty soon Pepsi is likely to match the price increase.  You should be looking at all can sales as a single category so it makes sense to raise all cans at the same time.

I have considered having different prices for 7up products vs. Pepsi/coke but only for bottles. Your can prices should account for the prices of any brand. Just be aware of price sensitivety.

I would take the average and raise them all to that amount.  Weight that on the ratio of number sold.  Also,  I'm assuming you meant Coke was 15 cents more and not .15 cents more.

Hi Guys, just wanted your thoughts on running coke at higher pricing than other soft drinks (cans).I am vending downunder and coke/cokezero is about 60% of all can sales. A lot of people run all cans at the same price but coke costs on average .15c per can more for me to buy. To keep my profit margin I need to run coke at a different price point. I could just put up all can prices but I was thinking it may look better just putting up coke. The prices I am running are competitive but it is starting to get a bit slim. Just like to hear your thoughts on the subject.  

Hi mate, what price are currently selling cans for?  

Thanks for the replies, have been super busy, AZVender coke has such a strong hold on the market here they charge a premium, Pepsi is a lot cheaper but would not make up 25% of can sales. AngryChris will keep that in mind thanks. Rexlex  yes 15c not .15c my mistake, I do like that idea for working out the price. Fantasy Football Champion price is at $1.40 after commission of 10c.

Archived