Buly snack items

Can I buy directly from factory for product, and what is minimum order if anyone knows? If I buy from Sams can I get better deals if I buy more?

If you buy too much, most of it will go stale before you sell it, which would not be much of a deal.  I'll stick with Sam's

Do you mean "Bulk snack items"...?

If so, I'll tell you this:  Unless you are going through more than about $20,000/week in sales, you probably won't stand a chance at getting any better deals directly from the suppliers.  Almost every small vendor that I know orders the bulk of their supplies from Sam's Club (cause it's often the cheapest and easiest to get).  And almost every medium/large vendor orders from places such as Vistar and has much (if not all) of their product delivered to them.  Ordering directly from Pepsi, Coke, or 7up is pretty common actually.  You can set that up right now... but their 12 oz. cans are usually more expensive than Sam's Club and other places, but you'll have access to all of their flavors and even 20 oz bottles.

I only know of maybe 3 companies that buy directly from Frito-Lay and other suppliers.  Those companies have MULTIPLE warehouses because their operation is so massive.  Two of the three companies probably have 20-30 full-time routes, which probably adds up to well over $5 Million per year.  The third company of the three is the largest independently-owned vending company in the Midwest that I know of, and I think they collect somewhere between $40 million and $80 million per year... but that's just a wild guess.  They are gigantic.

You can order products directly from small companies and possibly get a break from them but that's about it.  And I don't think Sam's Club will give you any breaks for ordering more stuff... again.. unless you have a pretty substantial operation.  Even if you did have a big operation (more than $20,000 per week), you would be so much better off to have a company like Vistar have products delivered directly to your warehouse (which you should have if you're that big).

Archived