Dn501-t vending Monster

Stengel

Hello,

New to posting on the forum, but have been reading for a while now. Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction. I recently purchased a DN501t/mpc-8 (I don't know what the second half of that model number means, so if you know I am all ears). I am trying to find out how to use one of the skinny columns to vend 16oz monster energy drinks. Is there a video/source of information that you guys can point me to? Where could I buy the parts, if necessary?

Side note - also looking to replace the USA dbv with something that works so I'm open to advice there as well.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum! 

The MPC-8 means that you have an MPC logic board and that there are 8 selections.  Use this link to download the MPC manual and use it when you need to program the machine.  The programming is tricky.  http://69.129.141.51:8080/RD/techbulletins.nsf/e667893fe32caf4785256bcd0066752b/be6c2297986b95ac862571f1004a3e44?OpenDocument

To do Monster you can use the same can shim that is already in the column if it vended 12 oz cans before.  You will need to remove the motor cover and adjust the brown motor timing cam so that there are only two notches visible in the edge of the cam (there are probably three notches now).  Lift the face of the front cam (there are two parts to the cam) by pulling out on the "handle" formed into the front cam and turn the front cam until only two notches are visible.  Drop the cam back onto the rear cam so that it is held in place by the plastic pin protruding through a square hole in the front cam.  Reinstall the motor cover.

Now after loading 4 cans in the column, bring the rear spacer forward just enough to leave a finger of space between the front can and the sold out paddle after pushing the cans against the rear spacer.  Use the manual to set your price and it should be ready to go.

I forgot to add that I can send you a bill acceptor upgrade.  My PM box is probably full so send me an email at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom for information on the upgrade.

This is awesome information. Thank you. I feel pretty good about it. 

When you say load 4 cans of monster, is that 4 in 1 row? or 2 stacked on 2?

i also sent you an email about the bill val.

thank you for the help already, it is much appreciated.

Stack them 2 deep and 2 or 3 cans high as that machine can handle them that way.

Thank you! Everything works perfectly. Priced them for 2.50 each.

Also I replied to your email about the new bill val. Waiting for a price on the Val and harness. Thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

You can do Gatorade 20 oz in the wide columns two bottles deep with a white-only motor cam.  You can do it in a narrow column one bottle deep only if you have wide rotors and after you remove the can shims.  Wide rotors will have only a 1/8" gap between the rotor and the left side wall.  If you have a wider gap then your rotors are only for cans.  They can then be changed out to wide ones to fit the larger bottles.  Send me a message at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need parts for it.

Monster at 2.50 and a couple of my accounts at 3 dollars 

FYI i was just informed monster will be having a price increase of 2 dollars at the wholesale level per case.... So Sams club Costco will be raising their prices on monster if they haven't already 

Price goes into affect Sept 1st

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else selling monster? And for how much per can? Can you really get people to buy at $2.50

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I sell Monster at 2.00 per, the local convenience store sells them for 2 for 4.00 so customers won't pay more than that.

John

Archived