Should I trust it?

The Mage

Received this email from "PayPal":

Required Action From our Thecnical Support

Dear Customer,

We recent so strange Actions In Your AccountAnd for that Your Account Access Has been suspended for Following Reason 
Somebody Tried to login to your Account Or You use Different Computer To Use Your Account
And to keep You Safe Your access To Your Account Has been limited Untile You Update All Your Informations information according to your account

It continues with wanting me to click on a link to fill out info and "reactivate" my account.

Nobody sees a problem with this do they?

And yes I found this going through my spam folder, trying to keep the good email out of there. Interestingly I have 5 people offering me millions if I simply let them temporarily deposit money into my bank account.

Received this email from "PayPal":

It continues with wanting me to click on a link to fill out info and "reactivate" my account.

Nobody sees a problem with this do they?

And yes I found this going through my spam folder, trying to keep the good email out of there. Interestingly I have 5 people offering me millions if I simply let them temporarily deposit money into my bank account.

Log into your Paypal account and see if you have any problems doing so.  The above email smells a lot like phishing to me and by the way, those people wanting to dump money in your account are going to send you cashiers checks based on banks that don't exist and in the meantime they'll always want you to send them a smaller amount of real money.

Sorry, I thought I made it obvious I knew all this was crap. The old Nigerian Prince scam, and a "PayPal" email butchering the English language. Obviously not their native tongue, especially with the "Thecnical Support", and, "We recent so strange Actions..."

BTW one of the members of my magic club used to be a professional scam artist. Nothing real big, just bar bets. Right out of high school, he had a new car, and all the money he needed, doing nothing but hanging out at the bars, and crashing wedding receptions. 

Sorry, I thought I made it obvious I knew all this was crap. The old Nigerian Prince scam, and a "PayPal" email butchering the English language. Obviously not their native tongue, especially with the "Thecnical Support", and, "We recent so strange Actions..."

BTW one of the members of my magic club used to be a professional scam artist. Nothing real big, just bar bets. Right out of high school, he had a new car, and all the money he needed, doing nothing but hanging out at the bars, and crashing wedding receptions. 

Glad to hear it - I'd hate to see the forum get taken over by Nigerians  ;D  ;D  ;D

And to keep You Safe Your access To Your Account Has been limited Untile You Update All Your Informations information according to your account

Looks legit to me. I just can't shake this one though- like un-tile the floor? I mean, if that's what the email says to do, but...

laying-porcelain-tile.jpg

Getting scammed on the internet is a lot more labor-intensive than it used to be...

Good find Mage!

Archived