Kicked out of my first location. :(

Raredory

A Pizza Hut I had a Dentyne ice and Certs machine in kicked me out today. They said they had a no contest agreement with the guy with racks already there. Guess they forgot about it when they let me in. Tried calling Midwest, so they could start relocating for me, but no one is answering. They probably went home early cause of the Ice storm starting to hit our area right now. But on a positive note, I placed in 2 new locations today. So I am up one. lol

Yes, loosing locations is an unfortunate part of this game that most of us don't realize until we get into this for a few years. However, charity locations are even more volatile and expect a 20% to 30% eviction rate in charity locations.

Jax

Sorry to hear about your lost account. Just decide your next location is going to be even better and get busy! I used to get really bummed when this happened but just decided I was not going to let it influence my business-building.

Mark

Mark,

Maybe it could be this area. We do have a lot of transients looking to move to "paradise". Many of them may be business owner want-a-bees which creates a higher volume of business ownership turnover - especially in restaurants. After a few months in the sun, they realize it's not easy to make it in this service oriented, non-manufacturing, low-tech state that overtaxes it's businesses. From everything that I read, Texas is the state to goto - lots of cheap housing, still plenty of decent jobs, probably is more business friendly (due to republican majority in that state) and overall better economic stability - am I wrong?

Jax

Now you are among the initiated.  Somebody in one of the yahoo boards once said, "You will loose every location you ever had".  That means that the ones you have now will eventually kick you out or close their doors on you.

You should be happy that you at least got your machine back.  Many times you will not be so lucky.

I lost my first location this year(second ever but I am small)after I serviced a location and told them of my price restructureing.they didn`t like the fact that I was going to take my expenses (25%)out first before paying commission.it was a small video gameing/movie store.the owner was a moran, and as much as I wanted to tell him I didn`t.

I disagree,to loose all of your locations is almost impossible even in the way you describe dperry.

unless maybe u are the unluckiest mofo ever:P

Or you've been in the business for a REALLY LONG TIME.  Look at it this way.  For thos people who have doing this for a number of years... do you have the same locations you started out with?  Of all the 79 locations I've ever had, I only have 32 of them now.

I disagree,to loose all of your locations is almost impossible even in the way you describe dperry.

unless maybe u are the unluckiest mofo ever:P

Or you've been in the business for a REALLY LONG TIME.  Look at it this way.  For thos people who have doing this for a number of years... do you have the same locations you started out with?  Of all the 79 locations I've ever had, I only have 32 of them now.

if I hadn`t gotten into vending the people that had thier machines in our pizza shop would still be there and one of the 2 surely for life since he was a costumer.he had a game in there since around 1979-80

32 is more then half of your locations but still very far from 0

Each location has a life cycle. Of course they won't all die at the same time. We never know when a location's time is up. I have one that is still standing after 8 years (a charity location at that!) and others don't last 3 months.

Jax

Another way to look at it would be if you can stay in a location long enough, you can completely pay for your investment on your asset (machine).

Two years on location can often give you a 100% ROI (return on investment). 100% ROI means you have netted enough on the machine to pay for the machine itself and your initial cost to place it in operation (product and any other expenses like location fees.) Then, you can re-deploy your asset for "icing on the cake".

I have accounts which have been on the field since the mid 90's (about 20%). I have at least another 40% that has been on the field more than 5 years. I do think different geographical regions have more stability for accounts than other regions. My rural region so far has been manageable enough for us. The greatest enemy of keeping accounts for us has been businesses closing because of the economy and the more global nature it has taken. The global nature has hurt the mom and pop businesses in my region as they cannot all effectively compete with WalMart, Home Depot and the like.

I guess I look at it that every time I have to replace a machine, I have a great opportunity to increase my gross over what I had just lost. I don't like losing accounts, but you can't let it depress you to the point of getting lazy.

Thanks,

Mark