Crane National 431-Plastic selection door wont open

Edin

I have crane national 431 vending machine and for some reason I can not open any door.. every time I try to open and select a product I choose for the price lower door open sign starts flashing.. I cant open any of selective doors..it is always one door lower and even if says open I still not open that one either.. Does anyone has an Idea how to fix this problem?  I appreciate your input.. 

If the door display is flashing OPEN:

1. Check the vend door switch for proper adjustment.

2. Check for pinched wires under the lockbar assembly.  

3. Check J56 on the interface PCB for good contact.

4. Replace the harness from J56 to the switches.

5. Replace the interface PCB

6. Check or replace ribbon cable from J55.

7. Replace the controller PCB.

If two doors flash OPEN when only one is selected:

1. Check for crossed wires on the vend door switches.

2. Check solenoid lock switch and J56 on the interface PCB.

3. Replace the interface PCB.

I resolved the issue.. Thank you for your input BASIC.. I unplugged and plugged my cable to interference board and it started to work again.. I guess upper switch did not get activated..Now I have fixed this problem but have another one.. I plug in my machine-very same machine crane national 431- machine runs for a while, everything seems to be ok, cooling seem to work and than all of the sudden blows out my fuse.. house fuse from my electrical plug in.. is that a sign of a bad compressor? it takes maybe too much power once it developed operating condition and Freon expends... if so, does anyone know the size of that compressor and would it be possible to exchange it for exact size aftermarket compressor.. lets say 1 HP.. I did this earlier with my office deli 1/4hp compressor and it still works.. I appreciate every input.. Thank you.

The circuit you have it plugged into at your house is most certainly just a 15 amp circuit.  That is too small a circuit for a cold food machine to run on.  Chances are your compressor is fine but you won't really know until you get it on a circuit that can support it.  The older a compressor is the more current it pulls.  If the condenser is clogged or there is a cooling issue of any kind then it can pull more current.  

Because your breaker doesn't trip when the compressor starts then it isn't having trouble starting which would pull high current.  It sounds more like as the machine really gets into the cooling cycle and has run for a while it is heating up your circuit breaker which finally trips.   This is normal on an undersized circuit so again, your machine may be just fine.

Thank you very much for your input BASIC..I appreciate it :). 

When I pulled this machine out of  my location I've had that exact same problem on my location. Circuit would blow for exact same reason..Last night that happened when I was testing my machine..

History: Prior to this I owned crane national 430.. It was a great machine and did very well on my location until it broke down.. then I decided to upgrade this machine to a newer model and about 2 years ago I bought this machine of ebay.. I payed 2.200 dollars and waited about a month to arrive.. It was a scam because machine was never refurbished and at the time when I would plug it in my garage health off sign would go on..after a while that seem to resolve itself and I  placed it on my location on the same spot I ve had my 430.. Either way, circuit would start to blow and people would call me on a service call often.. Then I removed the machine and placed it in my garage.. Now I had again a bit time to play with it.. Sure enough, machine runs fine for a while after I went through it, and essentially after a while about 50 min circuit went out in my garage.. Now, I am starting to wonder, I newer had this problem with my old 430.. In fact I have that machine as a spare parts in my garage and I will scrap it eventually. I assume compressor size in both machines is about the same.. 430 had R134 in it as well as the 431.. Honestly, I would love to get 431 working because I have two larger accounts and people used to love Costco muffins I  used to put into the machine.. I think I have a good place for it but once again,  I have to fix this problem before I can do so..

In my previous experiences with another machines, circuit blow would be a sign of a too much current being used and usually compressor issues.. I checked condenser and it is clean. everything else appears to be working just fine.. until the circuit fells.. Once again, I love this machines and I will get to the bottom of it, but at this time I am running out of solutions..

I appreciate your input.. 

7 hours ago, Edin said:

Thank you very much for your input BASIC..I appreciate it :). 

When I pulled this machine out of  my location I've had that exact same problem on my location. Circuit would blow for exact same reason..Last night that happened when I was testing my machine..

History: Prior to this I owned crane national 430.. It was a great machine and did very well on my location until it broke down.. then I decided to upgrade this machine to a newer model and about 2 years ago I bought this machine of ebay.. I payed 2.200 dollars and waited about a month to arrive.. It was a scam because machine was never refurbished and at the time when I would plug it in my garage health off sign would go on..after a while that seem to resolve itself and I  placed it on my location on the same spot I ve had my 430.. Either way, circuit would start to blow and people would call me on a service call often.. Then I removed the machine and placed it in my garage.. Now I had again a bit time to play with it.. Sure enough, machine runs fine for a while after I went through it, and essentially after a while about 50 min circuit went out in my garage.. Now, I am starting to wonder, I newer had this problem with my old 430.. In fact I have that machine as a spare parts in my garage and I will scrap it eventually. I assume compressor size in both machines is about the same.. 430 had R134 in it as well as the 431.. Honestly, I would love to get 431 working because I have two larger accounts and people used to love Costco muffins I  used to put into the machine.. I think I have a good place for it but once again,  I have to fix this problem before I can do so..

In my previous experiences with another machines, circuit blow would be a sign of a too much current being used and usually compressor issues.. I checked condenser and it is clean. everything else appears to be working just fine.. until the circuit fells.. Once again, I love this machines and I will get to the bottom of it, but at this time I am running out of solutions..

I appreciate your input.. 

You might have a slow running condenser fan motor.  Can you see light through the condenser?  If not it might not really be clean.  You could also have low freon or just an old compressor that pulls more current as it heats up.  The cooling units in the 430 and 431 are different so you'd need to get this one rebuilt with a new compressor if that is the root cause.

Archived