1999 cavalier drink machine

Rickey10010

I am new at the vending business so I don't have a lot of knowledge with these machines.  I have a 1999 cavalier drink machine that needs a compressor. (The compressor is missing) The model number to the drink machine is CX-282.  I'm needing to know if I need to buy a compressor that is 1/3 hp or 1/4 hp and needing to know about the size of BTU in a compressor?

I have a different drink machine and I replaced the 2 fluorescent lights and one came on immediately but the other one did not come on. Then the one that did come on at first went out after 5 minutes and then came back on and then went out again. Any suggestions whats wrong with it. Both lights are brand new. Dont know what make or model this machine is because the tag is gone. Thanks 

If your entire condensing unit - evaporator, evap fan, condenser, cond fan and compressor are missing (the entire cooling deck) then that $150 compressor won't do anything for you.  If instead you have the cooling deck in the machine but some idiot cut the compressor off of it then you better make sure that whoever does the work knows how to replace the filter/drier, flush the lines, evacuate the system, hold it in a vacuum, and THEN recharge it. The old compressor might have burned up which will spread trash throughout the system making it more likely to clog up later.

Why put any money into this old, obsolete, unsupported machine?  You can get tons of affordable used machines.

Archived