How do yall get new pool table locations?

zjtaylor

Just got my first pool table location last week. Local bar that I frequent and know the owner personally. Up to this point I've been cold approaching places and pitching a table. But I often find someone has already beat me to the punch. What's the best way to grow into this industry? Is it mostly just word of mouth and advertising?

6 hours ago, AZVendor said:

In the old days it used to be who gave more money under the table up front.  It's also almost always a vendor who can do it all - pool tables, videos, jukebox, cigarettes.

Well we can do everything but the problem I'm running into is finding locations in the first place. Do these places always contact you? Or should I be doing more cold approach locating?

• 2 weeks later...

Dropping in and talking to owners seems to be the way it is done. When I bought my business, I was told best approach is dropping in a business card and asking if they are happy with their current providers. If you are lucky to get them on a day when the incumbent's equipment has broken down and they've taken too long for the service call, they might be willing to switch. I got one location that way, although it didn't last long before they decided to buy their own equipment and i was out.

Word of mouth is the other way to grow, although it probably requires having some sites in the first place. My recent sites have come from managers of sites I have moving on to own another bar and then asking me to put gear in. One site, another operator had the pool table and jukebox, but I could put a chocolate crane in. Had that there for 15 months, and now the pool table operator decided to pull out and I have put my gear in. That could be a strategy if you are already doing other forms of vending/cranes.

Archived