What is a good combo glass front

syl20c

Further to the feedback i received regarding a 473 on a route I am hoping to acquire, I'd like to know what the combo options are out there aside from the dreadful Seagas before I sell the 473.  The machine must have some form of surevend and be capable of vending soft wall grocery store water bottles.  Also looking for bill validator and debit/credit.  I realize a number of manufacturer offer a glass front combo but the particular location won't support an $8,000 investment in a machine.

I have a number of 5591 and it occurred to me that the top two or three shelves could be turned into coils for snacks.  Modifying the 5591 might be a more affordable way than a new combo.  Anyone here have experience with this?  I haven't seen any used glass front available for sale in my market, they are very popular here.

It's real expensive to add snack shelves to the 5591 unless you can find one that already has the shelves.  Many  were built and sold that way.  If you have an idle Bevmax that you haven't put much money into then adding the shelves might be worth it. You'll put about $900 to $1000 into the machine though to accomplish that.   The AMS is probably your best bet and all AMS machines have the Sensit system.  

Stay away from soft sided grocery store bottles no matter what machine you use.  You must have stiff bottles for them to vend correctly.

1 minute ago, AZVendor said:

It's real expensive to add snack shelves to the 5591 unless you can find one that already has the shelves.  Many  were built and sold that way.  If you have an idle Bevmax that you haven't put much money into then adding the shelves might be worth it. You'll put about $900 to $1000 into the machine though to accomplish that.   The AMS is probably your best bet and all AMS machines have the Sensit system.  

Stay away from soft sided grocery store bottles no matter what machine you use.  You must have stiff bottles for them to vend correctly.

Which DN snack machine would be a match for this 5591 to cannibalize parts from?

I have a 5591 in stock, it's what I have most of.  Trying to get away from some of my obsolete machines now.

2 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

That's not a bad machine but not all parts for it are available if it's an AP model.  If you can get one for a good price and it cools properly then get it.

$900 a good price?

On 12/24/2016 at 5:42 AM, syl20c said:

Further to the feedback i received regarding a 473 on a route I am hoping to acquire, I'd like to know what the combo options are out there aside from the dreadful Seagas before I sell the 473.  The machine must have some form of surevend and be capable of vending soft wall grocery store water bottles.  Also looking for bill validator and debit/credit.  I realize a number of manufacturer offer a glass front combo but the particular location won't support an $8,000 investment in a machine.

I have a number of 5591 and it occurred to me that the top two or three shelves could be turned into coils for snacks.  Modifying the 5591 might be a more affordable way than a new combo.  Anyone here have experience with this?  I haven't seen any used glass front available for sale in my market, they are very popular here.

While good combos are sort of  an oxymoron for most of us, I think the AMS would be the way to go.  Unfortunately by the time you pay for it, you could have bought two very nice standard machines

Archived