would you d it?

antoniocinisi

where I work is located catty corner from the largest school in the county.many children walk by regularly after school.I was  considering putting a rack outside in between the 2 soda machines and chaining it to them.my wife thinks it will look tacky but I see many quarters being put in this machine.the rack would be mostly protected by the soda machines and the building except for the worst conditions which kids wouldn`t be out then anyways.

I was thinking about pushing the 9 way outside since it is on wheels to see the reaction of kids and how many would have quarters.probably not many at first but once they know a machine is there they would come up with quarters imo.

would any of you do such a thing or am I thinking too far outside the box?

Store in this area regularly put racks outside with clothing, electronics and other items. I don't see a problem with this. I would chain it or have it in view and bring it back in at the end of the day.

Children are a lot of fun to watch around these machines. I have a gumball machine that I use at our food booth during the summer. I play a game with the kids. If they guess the color, I give them one free. Gotta tell me before they put the quarter in LOL. I make sometimes 40 bucks a day doing that.

My best producing machine on the route is the laundry. Why? My machine is in the window and the school is across the street! Have to service it every 2 weeks. :)

Try it. You have a record of how much it makes now, so roll it out and see how it has done in a month, or three.

I don't think I would want a lot of water entering my machines. The caps should keep the product dry. I would worry about screws rusting and mold build up. Water has a way of finding the path of least resistance and can seep in anywhere.

ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY WITHOUT EQUIVOCATION YES!!! :)

Definitely chain it twice to the two sodas... add bells and empty soup cans like a wedding getaway car also so it cant be messed with without sounding quite an alarm.  It will catch on faster than you think and will make 4 times more money probably.

Bring it back in at end of day, or even end of school day, your choice.  Maybe you can jury rig a roof in between the two sodas to protect your rack further... ;)

How is it that you can get permission to place a rack outside the place you work?  Do you own the business?

it is my familys pizza shop.

I do vending because I like it and I have fun doing it.plus I get to play with toys!!

I put it out today and there were swarms of kids around it but not many put in quarters.I am thinking that tomorrow will be better once they realize the machine is there regularly,they will come with quarters.I will do this all week and then judge if it is worth keeping a machine outside.

I put it  in after there were no more kids around.

there didnt seem to be a huge number of kids walking by compared to yesterday.it got 3-4 vends in 30 minutes.

I am thinking I should do this though.I will put my worst looking rack out there and see what happens.maybe from march 1st till school ends.we will see how the rest of the week goes.

What if you put in a few free slice of pizza coupons inside some .50 caps. Make a good sized sign to put over the machines to draw attention to the promo. That may also get the parents to bring them in on the weekend to get the free slice.

Awesome idea beer!  Especially if it is in your restaurant Antonio, this is a great way to boost sales to the machine and to your business... kids will always want soda and maybe french fries with that free slice... :)

NEPAVEND:

in my experiance with those kind of promotions more often then not they come in just for what they won.I have been trying gimmicks for most of the last 8 years in that pizza shop,and know this for a fact. only 3 out of 10 will get a soda or something others tack it on to a pizza order they were comeing to get(most likely anyways) or just what they won.

BEER

I like your last sugestion better.I will arange something like that soon.there is room for a little table.

maybe I could add a wing to the rack,and screw a piece of wood to it to hold a box with pen and paper,could this be done on a "wing"?

today the machine didnt go outside,it rained:(