How to pick up 10 Vendstars?

Skaught

You can pick them up in your SUV with no problem. They disassemble into the pole, round base and body. Hopefully they will pull apart without needing any tools but sometimes if the poles have been in the base or body for awhile they can be really hard to get out. There are no screws holding it together but a rubber hammer or strap wrench might be good to take if you have them. So you'll have ten poles, 10 round bases and the machine body is really the only thing that will take up much space and they can be put on top one another. You could get twice that many in your SUV if they are broken down. If they are assembled maybe a can of WD40 so spray around where the pole goes into the base to loosen it up to seperate the two. Some will just come apart but some will be like impossible!

nam

Skaught,

You won't need the SUV. You can get 10 Vendstars in your Camry. As long as they will come apart you can do it no problem! I'd maybe take small blankets or whatever to cover the cannisters so you won't scratch up the cannisters laying them ontop one another. You won't hurt the poles and bases. It will fit - go get them in your car and don't worry about it. Do be careful not to break the covers that slip on over the poles. Just leave them on the poles is best. You'll get most in the trunk if not all - really.

Do bring the strap wrench or rubber mallet to get the poles and bases off. I don't own a Camry but I don't see why they would not fit if they broke down. Just don't bring a car load of people along. I would guess 6 in the trunk and 4 in the back seat with the bases & poles.

I own a Camry and don't see why you won't be able to get all 10 in tthere. As nam suggested, take some blankets with you to cover any that you stack them on top of each other. They will scratch easy. If you can't break them down, then that will be a problem. Although, the back seat does fold down and you can get quite a few in there if you lay then on their side.

I picked up the Vendstars yesterday. They all fit in my Camry nicely. I ended up paying $400 for 10, which may have been a little bit more than I was originally looking for, but I feel like it was worth it to help get me started.

There is some sticker residue on the top from old stickers. Anyone know a good way to get this off? Also, I only got one set of keys, so I have to find somewhere that will make a spare.

Now that I got some machines it's time to work on locating them.

Skaught,

Congratulations on your Vendstar deal and getting your first machines. No problem getting the machines broken down? The sticker residue can be removed with vegetable oil which I've had some good success in using but have also used Goo be Gone. Vendstar doesn't have very many keys so often you will see the same number you need on ebay.

nam

You can get Goo Gone from a grocery/dept store, also look into getting a cleaner called "Glo Gloss", it can be found at Lowe's for sure, probably at other stores too.  It is $6 per can but it cleans wonderful, doesnt smell like chemicals, and shines up plastic globes/panels really nice.

Thanks for the help. I think I'm going to look to get the Goo Gone sometime later today, and may look for those keys on ebay. The machines were actually already broken down when I got there, so I didn't have a problem with that.

I'm pretty pumped to get these machines cleaned up!

Very simple to change vend amount. Take the bottom off and the wheel and 3 piece triangle part will come off.

There is usually a screw if look on the bottom of the canistar. It wont break =)

Then you will see it has numbers 7 being the smallest vend I believe.

• 1 month later...

Kelly,

I haven't tried this coffee stir thing with my Vendstars. Are they cutting the coffee stirs into pieces first then letting the plastic stir turn around in the mech.? Have you tried this yourself? I kinda like my Vendstars even though I know alot here in the forum don't care for them. Think they like nice in an office setting and can't be beat as far as buying them cheap.

nam