USI 3205 Coffee nightmare

I bought 2 like new coffee machines from a competitor a few months ago. Seems I now understand why he sold these to me. The first I installed in a location that I almost lost as the machine was constantly down for various ridiculous reasons. 

Anyhow this machine i installed at a $50k/year account is the same Usi model with only 200 total vends on it. It worked great for 2 weeks. Now what happens when you brew a coffee is the coffee/water goes into the cylinder and seems to be pulling for vacummn for several seconds. Than when it should depress to squeeze out the beverage all the liquid explodes from all over the brew group cylinder/filter etc. I took the unit apart and cannot find a tear in the rubber, seals look good screen looks good. I am told by another vendor it could be the vacumn switch? Where the hell and what the hell is this. It's driving me nuts the amount of hours I have in this still not working machine

Check your diagnostic log and see if you have a "new filter reqd" message that means your filter belt must be changed.  Regardless of the number of vends on the machine the belt can get clogged depending on water conditions, type of coffee you're using, etc.   There's no vacuum in the machine, only pressure after the steeping time passes. The air pump then turns on to push the water through the grounds and through the filter belt to the dispensing hose.  You either have an impediment to that flow or your brewer seal is failed causing all pressure to blow out around the bottom of the brewer.  You could also have a weak clamping pressure that isn't holding the brew cylinder tight against the seal when the air pump turns on.

Hey BlindVending,

If you need contact information for Wittern Group(USI), I have some that could help.  Send me a PM and I'll send it to you, if you would like.  I just don't want to post numbers and names openly.  Let me know if you need it. :) 

Archived